All reviews front desk cracker barrel room was clean waffles parking lot off the highway under renovation marriott points check in was easy convenient location fresh fruit very nice hotel the breakfast area easy access complimentary breakfast would stay again staying at this hotel
Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

We checked In at 1am and the night clerk Mark was very welcoming and helpful. We were in room 119 and my traveling companion is in a motorized wheelchair and she was very pleased with our room. Warning the hall bathrooms are marked handicap accessible but the toilets are standard height, not the 19 inch height that was in the room.
For a hiway hotel it was exceptionally quiet.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Andrew M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Richmond Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2016

Many thanks for your feedback - I'm so glad that Mark was able to take care of you and our facilities met your needs

Reviewed 1 November 2016

My family recently stayed at the Fairfield Inn for the night and were very very pleased. Because of scheduling, we would be in town hours before posted check-in, so we called ahead and requested early check-in. The lady who answered politely explained that she would put in our request but can't guarantee. Totally understandable. I used the mobile app to "check-in" when it became available and requested all foam pillows as a special request. (plus highest floor available, if possible)

Words can not describe how appreciative my road travelers were to walk up to check-in, be told, "Your room is all ready... here's the key," and walk into a top floor, spacious, comfortable, and clean room right away. My husband was also impressed to then have a knock on the door to swap out the down pillows for foam. Much better night sleep!

Wifi was quick and easy to access.

I must admit, Fairfield Inn's were never on my radar as "preferred hotels" while traveling but after a great experience in the Poconos and now here in Richmond/Chester, it is my top pick while traveling with family.

Keep up the good work! Thanks!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Andrew M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Richmond Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2016

Thanks for letting us know that we met and exceeded your expectations for your stay - we do our best each and every day to take care of each and every customer.

Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

Stayed for 2 weeks. Friendly and accommodating staff. While seated for breakfast the ladies were very conscientious of everything. Quick to assist with all your needs. I saw one lady serving waffles to a handicap individual. I was greatful for their hospitality.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Andrew M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Richmond Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2016

thanks for making our hotel your home for the past two weeks - that is when you get to see us as we really function - come back and see us next month when we have our new breakfast in place

Reviewed 25 October 2016

Stayed here with my wife for 3 nights and found it to be everything that we usually enjoy in a Fairfield, quiet, comfortable, and decent breakfast. This one is located just off the main highway and has several restaurants and shopping nearby. The front desk was helpful and friendly at all times and I would definitely return.

Room tip: Ask for two beds in advance if you need them.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Andrew M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Richmond Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2016

thanks for letting us know what a great job we did in providing a quiet and comfortable stay for you with a decent breakfast - we look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 24 October 2016

My wife and I recently spent one night here while traveling through the area. I am a faithful Marriot customer so I was disappointed when the first room we were given had a toilet that was plugged and apparantely have overflown a bit. The floor was wet and someone had walked over it. After a bit of back and forth in solving the issue we decided to ask for a new room. We finally got settled but the process wasted an hour plus of our time. The staff on duty did their best to resolve the issue but we were told that plugged toilets were not an uncommon issue for this property. The remainder of our stay went OK. The hotel is located in a very busy shopping/dining area adjacent to I-95. If you cannot find a favorite chain restaurant near this place it would be strange. I'm now a bit more leary of what I'll find at another Fairfield in the future.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Andrew M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Richmond Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2016

many apologies for the problems that you encountered during your recent stay with us - the fact that you were given a room with a clogged toilet is unacceptable - I appreciate you letting us know so that we can fix the problem for the future