“Early Dinner on a Monday in June”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Narita Japanese Sushi Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 107 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 3 July 2016

We were looking for a restaurant serving an early dinner, something beyond the chain restaurants so readily available along the I-95 corridor, something really good, and something a little bit special. We found it at Narita. Located between I-95 and I-295 it is a family run restaurant; our waitress who is now in college said she "grew up" there. The food is fresh, service is good, and the staff is patient with folks like us asking questions. There were three adults and a 6-year old in our party. Our orders went in different directions -- sushi, soup, dumplings, and a "box dinner" filled with really good Japanese food. Beer and wine are available but we ordered a pot of green tea and never had a single regret about our dinner. It was good. Our son and granddaughter who live in the area had never before eaten there. They will return and so shall we.

Reviewed 25 May 2016

Very good food, however when I think of Japanese food I immediately think of "Shrimp sauce" the orange sauce almost all Japanese restaurants serve with their dish. This place did not have ANY.... I probably will not return. If sushi is your thing, then you will really enjoy this place. Most all people around me were having Sushi, however I do not care for it.

Reviewed 20 February 2016 via mobile

Loved it. I didnt care for their version of miso soup but from rhe appetizer to the entrees was delicious. The cooked stuff was ewally hot and cold stuff cold. Definitely worth a visit if you like sushi.

Reviewed 17 February 2016 via mobile

The sushi here is the best outside of Richmond. The prices are a little high, but it is sushi. The sushi is very fresh and I recommend the rivers bend roll. Will be back.

Reviewed 21 January 2016 via mobile

Ok, I've now been here twice, and had much better than average sushi both times. I'm used to a few items tasting fresh and a few being so-so, but not this place. Everything tastes fresh both times. Rice firmly packed so it doesn't fall apart when dipping in the soy sauce, pieces big, but not too big. Fast and friendly service. I'll definitely be back when in town.