“Fantastic food and staff ”
Review of Divine

Divine
Ranked #4 of 107 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: American, German, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Global eclectic cuisine - innovative flavors and presentation. Extraordinary food, excellent service, and an outstanding wine program ensure a memorable experience We are open dinner nightly, and brunch on Sunday. At Divine, each dish is created to wake your tastebuds and pop with flavors with each bite. At Divine's kitchen, we believe "Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon, or not at all."
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Fantastic food and wonderful hostess. The food was all that the others have said - fresh, delicious, and varied. I really enjoyed everything I tried, especially the heirloom tomato salad. The tomatoes were just right, firm, not squishy. The traditional schnitzel was also delicious. I tried the coconut rum creme brûlée, which was good, but for me, the rum overpowered the delicacy of the brûlée. Regardless, I still ate it because it was delicious. They also let me try the peach and strawberry sorbets. Both were delightful. The peach was just like having pie and the strawberry was summer in my mouth. My tastebuds were dancing with pleasure.

The staff was very pleasant and attentive.

Overall, an excellent dining adventure. I would highly recommend Divine.

1  Thank Amanda S

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Stopped by on a Sunday afternoon looking for something different yet delicious- the Divine did not disappoint! Authentic German food, phenomenal cocktails, and charismatic staff made the afternoon a most welcomed and unexpected highlight while traveling along I95. A bit difficult to find, but worth the search. Food was truly a throw-back to years spent living in Europe, and the engaging conversation left us longing for a return to Bavaria. Cannot go wrong with anything on the menu and the traditional fare was also incredible- highly recommend bypassing Richmond and Petersburg and taking the time to travel teh short distance into Chester.... Great dining experience!

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

My husband & I discovered this little gem during our travels to PA from NC. Everything we've tried in our three visits now, food-wise, has far exceeded our expectations! We love the variety & the chef's magic in blending flavors is very, very good. This last visit was disappointing due to the service. New waitress that we believed had never done wait staff work....ever....plus, I asked for a mixed drink that I had to tell her how to make...a very simple White Russian. We will not let this stop us though on our frequent trips!! Word of caution..... unfortunately, the location sucks. We found it because of familiarity with this area.

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

If you are in Chester this place is a must. Food was amazing. We were totally satisfied with our choices. The owners were so kind with us that made our experience delightful. Can't wait to come back!!

Reviewed 2 July 2017

Went there on a Saturday evening a few weeks ago and i was told that they have a buffet ,which consisted either of bratwurst and sauerkraut, not sure what the other option was.

I had 2 beers with my 2 brats and sauerkraut and ended up paying $32.-- for the rather humble meal.