“Awesome Food”

Hibachi Ichiban
Ranked #79 of 107 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 11 January 2017

I've been going there for 9 years at the old and new locations and have always enjoyed the quality of the food I've gotten. The filet and jumbo shrimp is incredible. The ginger dressing on the fresh and crunchy salad is good enough to drink. The sauces used are delicious. Each entrée comes with lo-mein noodles and fried rice. My only complaints are it always takes a long time to get your food, and the salad that accompanies every meal is very small.

Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

Passing through town and wanted to grab a quick lunch with two friends.we were the only 3 people in the restaurant so we figured we would be in and out. The cashier put down his phone to take our order and as soon as we were done he went right back to his phone. We had been sitting at our table for twenty mins when we noticed the cook come in from a smoke break and finally start cooking our food. The cashier never put down his phone. You would think he would alert someone that there is an order to be made. DO NOT EAT HERE UNLESS YOU HAVE 2 HOURS TO KILL! Horrible!

1  Thank bpease
Reviewed 23 May 2016

We have been to a number of Hibachi places in the area, but I must say, nobody comes close to Hibachi Ichiban. The meals are always tasty, generous in size, and priced reasonably.. I am glad the owner jumped ship at KanPai to start his own business. Keep the great food coming, chef!

Reviewed 21 April 2016

If you like Hibachi Chicken or Steak or Shrimp, then this is the place to order. We always call in our order and it usually takes about 30 minutes before it is ready. They offer both a regular steak or a Filet and both are good. I love the shrimp! The meals come with a mixture of rice, noodles and veggies. You can also get a combo of chickened shrimp or stay and shrimp or whatever you want. I am not a veggie lover, so I usually order a child's portion of shrimp and noodles or shrimp and rice. They have good Yum Yum sauce and their ginger dressing is really good as well.

Reviewed 18 March 2016

Everything is always tasty and made to order. The portions are generous (I usually get the hibachi chicken and make 2 meals of it). The ginger dressing is delicious, and worth getting by the pint. Its mainly a take out place, do there's not much ambience if you are dining out. The prices are very reasonable.