“Next time I will get the fajitas”

El Charro Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 13 Restaurants in Dale City
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 27 October 2016

I used to love this restaurant. Last night my husband and I shared a dinner for two. First off it wasn't divided equally and the two dishes looked very similar. Anyway, I love their fajitas but my husband chose this dish that was mainly Hamburg and carbs. Felt awful when I got home. My husband enjoyed a giant margarita with a small beer in it. He enjoyed the food-haha.

Reviewed 21 August 2016

I don't have a lot nice to say about El Charro. I dined there 5 years ago when I moved to Virginia, didn't like it; gave them another chance about 2 years ago, didn't like it; and finally a third time not too long ago. This last time was the worst. The food was always bland compared to others, but my wife's order was wrong the first two times and by the third time, we had all finished our dinner. They have something in the menu listing their "charges" for salsa, white sauce and chips beyond the first two bowls...I don't know whether this is enforced or not, but I don't like having to read legal print when it comes to chips and salsa.

My entree tasted OK, but their prices are a bit higher than a few other restaurants in the area. Maybe I'll go back in another 2-3 years and give them one more chance!

Reviewed 2 August 2016

Enjoyed our meal, except that the waiter totally ignored us, and then denied it, so he went to get the manager who believed the waiter instead of us! Unbelievable!! Lots of other Mexican restaurants are in this area that have much better service.

Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

I eat at a lot of Mexican restaurants, I'm boring and almost always order the taco salad. The taco salad was average but had so much liquid inside the shell that I had to cut a hole in the side to let the liquid drain out- once I did that it made things even worse. I had a huge bowl of soup with a taco shell in the middle. Much better restaurants in the area.

Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

We've been to El Charro a couple of times, and they are very uneven. Sometimes the food is okay, and other times it isn't very good. My husband got a chile relleno once and it was still cold in the middle. You just don't know what kind of experience you are going to have there.