“IF WE TRY AGAIN, WILL OUR 3RD TIME BE CHARMED?”
Review of Domino's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Domino's
Ranked #33 of 50 Restaurants in Forest
Reviewed 14 August 2015

We ordered Carryout pizza twice this week, but we were disappointed with both. Our first order was on Monday for a Large 3-Topping Pizza (Monday-Thursday Carryout Special for $7.99). We ordered the Brooklyn Style Crust with Italian Sausage, Pepperoni, and Salami. The Brooklyn Style Crust is supposed to be cut into 6 big slices that are "foldable," but our pizza was cut it into "small squares" instead of slices. I emailed Domino's about it and they replied stating that their franchisee would contact me, but so far, I have not heard from anyone at this local Domino's.

Every Thursday night we have a family dinner, so we decided to give this Domino's another try with their Large 2-Topping for $5.99 Carryout Special Week. We ordered three large pizzas online for our "Thursday Family Dinner," and because there was not a comment area online, I called to ensure that our pizzas would be cut into slices. The young man who answered said that both Hand Tossed and Brooklyn Style are cut into slices. He went on to say that only the Thin Crust is cut into squares, and he added that I could have brought the Brooklyn Style (from my first order) back and that they would have made it right. When I picked up our pizzas, to see that they were all cut correctly, and they were. But, sadly, when I got home, we discovered that all three were "over done." Especially the two with meat on toppings. There was a very small amount of Beef on the Brooklyn Style, and it was hard and dry; the Pepperoni on the Hand Tossed with Pepperoni & Italian Sausage was curled and the edges were burnt. Additionally, the Italian Sausage on it was like the Beef, hard and dry.

Although our pizzas were edible, they were not delicious. When this Domino's opened, we were thrilled because it is just over a mile from us, but so far, the pizzas from there have not come close to the delicious pizzas that we have enjoyed from other Domino's. Even with the price of gas, I'd rather drive a little further for a better pizza. At this point, I can't help but wonder if we try them again, will our 3rd time be charmed?

Been to Domino's? Share your experiences!