All reviews thai restaurant on site under renovation waffles shenandoah park beds were comfortable would stay again elevator entrance plug hiking trash
Reviewed 5 September 2018

Very late Check in on 8/31/2018. Killed 1st roach. After a Long day of riding the Skyline Dr. found the second roach, went directly to the office. to ask to be moved to another room, front desk clerk called the GM, who said no, we are full, they were not. Clerk said call the GM, I did, he said we are full, I informed him I knew better because the clerk had told me they had several late check in's that had not shown up. I simple suggested we move to another room, he said no. I than said I would call Choice Hotels and get this taken care of, he (GM) said you can't blackmail me, there are no rooms available what else do you want, I said I want a different room. NO (GM).and hung up. I called him back at ext. 305 and asked him to talk to me face to face, he said he was busy with another call and was not going to talk to me further.
Breakfast: poor fruit selection, paper thin bacon, processed egg portions, so for the most part just a carb load.
Room 113: carpet multiple stains and not vacuumed, found the roaches in bath vanity area, one of the pillows had a blood stain, and many wall holes and out dated wall paper.
Pool: leaking, had to fill every morning, uneven cement around pool, one exit out of pool, and only a few pool towels to go around.
Parking lot: good for a trailer!
Overall: the hotel is going through a remodel, (not mentioned on the website or on ChoiceHotels.com) I feel very strongly that if you so choose to stay here mabe bring your own camping trailer and stay in it!don't let them clean it though.....

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

The continental Breakfast was very good- not your typical coffee and rolls. It was nice to see sausage and eggs and much more.
I specifically asked for non- smoking room but my room reeked of smoke. I tried to use the hairdryer to air out the room but that was broken. The Interior needs updating.
Otherwise I was pleased with a clean room and good breakfast

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

We were not told it was under construction. Our key never worked. There were hairs in our shower and the room was filthy. We now understand there were better places to stay in this area comparably priced

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

The bed and pillows were comfortable and the sheets and covers were crisp and clean, and that's very important. I had to move the coffee maker and tray with the ice bucket and cups to the shelf above the hangers to make room on the bathroom sink counter, and then you could really tell the sink area had not been cleaned for a while. The mirror had splatters on it and the faucet was dirty and the toilet was dirty. I had to go to the front desk to get two more towels, because only two were in the room, and I let the receptionist know the bathroom needed cleaning. She asked if I wanted someone to come in tomorrow to clean it, and I said doesn't housekeeping come in every day to clean? She said no, not if you're a stay over, and we are staying two nights. I have never heard of that before in any hotels we've ever stayed in, and we do travel quite a bit. We're in a group, so I did not choose this hotel, as I do usually stay in hotels that cost about $130 a night. I do not have any idea how much housekeeping staff makes an hour, and I'm sure they probably make less at a hotel that charges less per night, but hotel management should still make sure the rooms are getting cleaned. The woman at the front desk was very nice.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Arrived late with no reservation. Price was right so booked non-smoking room. First room reeked of smoke, checked a second...it also smelled like smoke...third room #134...finally smelled clean.

It was a medium sized room, nice table, 2 chairs, 2 double beds, flat screen TV, air cond., iron and board, hair dryer, coffee maker, micro, and fridge. It also had plenty of outlets. Room seemed pretty clean...however there were some crumbs on the carpet and the bathroom floor had many black specks (dirt?) and hairs. The sink was outside the bathroom and had a nice size vanity. The beds were comfortable and the bed linens and towels were clean, which was the most important thing to me.

The breakfast room was very large and after breakfast it doubled as a Thai restaurant. The attendant was friendly and kept the area clean and depleted food items filled. Breakfast was scrambled egg patties, bacon, bagels, bread for toast, Belgian waffles, mini muffins mini cinnamon swirls, dry cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, apples, oranges, coffee, tea, milk, juice and condiments. It was a great way to start the day.

Check in person was kind of cold, check out was fast and friendly. Not sure if I would stay here again because it was about 3 1/2 miles from 81 and was too close to traffic which we heard all night long.

Room Tip: If you want non-smoking, I suggest you check the room before you rent it.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family