See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 February 2013

This place was horrid. I wouldn't let my dog stay in the room. From the outside, we knew it looked a little ragged. Thankfully, I was in town for only a few hours, visiting my friend. I just needed a place to change and chill for a little while. The owner was quite rude. Went to room 11, walked in the door, it was around 30 degrees inside. There was a small fan heater, I immediately turned it on. There were holes in the floors, the door barely shut, cold air blew in around every edge of the door, and I'm pretty sure if someone kicked it from the outside, it would have broken off the hinges. The floor was wet and moldy, the hot water took FOREVER to come on, it was plain nasty. I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Anonotraveler
Reviewed 23 December 2012

Don't let the photo full you. This place is not kid friendly and customer service was horrible as soon as he found out I had children he said he had no rooms available. Guess unless you want to do drugs and trash the place you are not welcome. Seen a room before and it was very small one bed and smelled of smoke and mold. Nothing like the picture shown on review.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank wlatronica
Reviewed 29 July 2009

We had read good reviews on the Galax Motel website, so we decided to try it out on a mini vacation with limited funds. When we drove in, we were quite skeptical, but decided to go for it. It does indeed look pretty run-down - but the staff was very friendly and pleasant. When we went into our room, we were pleasantly surprised. It was clean and the place was very quite - except for a little road noise from time to time. No frills here - but the price is great if you're on a budget. Good location too. Our biggest let-down was no coffee! When we checked out at around 9 AM - the office was closed and of course we couldn't even get a cup of coffee. Had to hang keys on a hook outside of door. That issue could have been a little better - maybe have staff available in the morning and a nice pot of coffee available for guests. All in all, would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple