“EXCELLENT FOOD AND DRINK”
Review of The Green Man

The Green Man
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Stanford
Price range: US$9 - US$24
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our Old English Restaurant with its oak beams, inglenook fireplace in our front bar and new log burner in our eating lounge room area which is very popular with our patrons especially in our winter months. Good quality meals are enjoyed in comfortable surroundings with a choice of our Chef's Specialities on the A La Carte menu. Our ever popular Sunday roast lunches are available from 12 noon.The restaurant seats approximately 150 guests and bookings for parties both large and small can be catered for. This includes weddings, see our wedding package on our website. You will receive a warm welcome if you choose full meal or a just drink at the bar. We have now launched our new senior citizens menu, two courses for £7.95 And three courses for £9.95. We also have a lunch deal available to all ages, this includes two course for £9.95 or three course for £11.95. We have also just launched our Christmas 2016 menu which is also available to view on our web site
Reviewed 29 June 2018

have been here a number of times this summer ,even to a wake,and have always found the food very good,really,the pizza,s are huge and very tasty,fish and chips is good
too.
I have always found the staff very friendly,and at times gets busy and you might wait for food,as its freshly prepared,but i have never had this problem.
As other reviewers have said this is a great country pub and resturant

1  Thank BedfordshireChud
Mark A, General Manager at The Green Man, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

thank you for your review and glad to hear that you enjoy coming here to the green man we hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Mark and his team put on an absolutely splendid wake for our son last week. We were concerned that with the unknown numbers attending, that things might go pear shape but he took all the stress from us and every detail was taken care of. The hot buffet went down very well and was soon topped up. Drinks were set out exactly as requested and he had plenty of extra staff to cover the numbers. It was a beautiful day, so extra seating had been arranged in the courtyard and the whole party were kept together, not scattered about.

We have also had a few lunches here whilst going over the details and again food has been excellent.

A wonderful country pub. Thank you all.

2  Thank Heather G

we thank you very much for your review and that everything went well for you and your family on this emotional day, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Upon checking in we could not identify the reception. Can’t complain about the service as there wasnt any. Could not find staff to clear the tables. We asked for another towel as only one in the room and waited twenty four hours to get another. The cups for tea and coffee were stained. Would definitely not stay there again.

we will address your comments

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

This is a really great pub and restaurant with great service and staff. The same cannot be said for the accommodation side. The rooms are clean but not attached to the pub. On my visit this week I stayed in a room that at first sight for £70 a night seemed fine. Clean and well appointed (no hand soap which left me confused). All well until I needed the bathroom during the night. The bathroom door had locked on me so I called the number on the room information number not working! Alarmed with the torch on my phone took myself off to see if there was anyone around no such luck amazingly this happened again at 7am. At 745 the chef was on site and he new of the problem with the room and opened with a very large screwdriver (amazingly I did not have one with me!) The hotel knew about the problem there was black tape on the lock (see picture)

I was offered no compensation for this and as a female travelling on my own I felt some what concerned and not safe. I will not be returning here. I would also recommend if you are a solo or nervous traveller you stay away

your comments will be addressed

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

There were ten of us and we were looked after from the moment we arrived. The starters all came out at the same time, were piping hot and delicious. After a nice gap, the mains all arrived together. I had the lamb which was almost tender enough to fall off the bone. All in all everyone loved the food, and there was plenty of it. The staff brought out the birthday cake singing Happy Birthday.My wife and I stayed for the night. The room was big, the bed comfortable and tea and coffee is in the room. Beautiful modern clean bathroom and shower. There’s even a tv on the wall in there.
A lovely evening, nice beer, great food.

thank you for your review and we are pleased that you and your family had a great experience here with us at the green man