“Hungry on the way home.”

Queens Way Soul Cafe
Ranked #92 of 312 Restaurants in Hampton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

Had a need for some soul food, and this spot was recommended. Wasn't too sure after being asked for my ID and then searched, but I was greeted and was seated immediately. Nice service and the food was very tasty.

Reviewed 26 April 2016 via mobile

If you like Smothered pork chop, candied yams, cabbage, collards flavored like grandma used to do, this is the place for you..Great Soul food in a diner type atmosphere, good sized portions & other tasty selections, plus the friendliest staff.I will definitely be dining here again when in the area..You should try it.

Reviewed 6 April 2015 via mobile

My family and I visited Queen's Way after driving from Williamsburg on Easter Sunday. We wanted some good soul food. We almost did not visit this restaurant after reading reports of poor customer service and long waits. Our experience at Qyeen's Way was not like the negative reviews we read. The server was very pleasant, welcoming, and attentive. We did not have to wait long for our food as some of the previous reviewers mentioned. I had fried whiting fish, shrimp, mac and cheese, and cabbage. Everything had a good taste, with one exception. The cabbage seemed to have an "off" smell and slightly burnt flavor. With so many different foods on the table, I could not conclude for sure that the cabbage was smelly. I took it with me and smelled it later. It did, in fact, smell funny so I threw it away.
I tasted food from my family's plates too. The candied yams were especially delicious and the collard greens were good too. The ribs were a little tough, but had a good flavor.
I would dine here again, despite the small problem with the cabbage. The other food and good service made up for it. Try it for yourself.

2  Thank DiamondLife23
Reviewed 2 December 2014 via mobile

Great food. I had fried chicken, yams, collard greens and ice tea. The collard greens appeared to be fresh, were seasoned well and were not too salty. The chicken was crisp but still moist. The service was good and the dining room was clean. Located in a strip mall and easily accessed from I-64

Reviewed 29 November 2014

Ok, I opted to drop in this spot the Tuesday before "gobble-gobble" day. Primarily to have a cup and meet a friend or two. As I entered around 1630, there was NO one patronizing at that time. The webiste indicates the HH is from 4-7, and once inside this place signs indicate it runs from 5-9. So clearly…….there is a disconnect. Speaking of disconnect, the bartender is FULLY disconnected from working. It took her moments to acknowledge and make requested drinks. There was a lady waiting tables by the name of Jennifer who donned a smile and pleasant disposition. She made offers of the specials and recommendations of food items. We went with the Turkey Wings w/ gravy, and sides and an order of mozarella cheesesticks. The sticks, were served without any marinara sauce. The gravy was NOT initially served either. We had to ASK for both (mind you, we ORDERED them during the iniitial ordering).

There is amoke seating in the place and the array of music ranged from 80s- early 00's. I was told, there is a spoken word night and Karoke night. I went to the ladies room and urine was in the toilet. With NO other customers present, it kinda makes one wonder. So, I mentioned it to the staff and they handled it. Also, the phone woud RINGGGGG endlessly quite a few times with none of the staff present eager to grab it. SO MUCH SO, that one time, I answered it to STOP the ringing.
I was by no way satisfied with the service, the food however was decent.
If they do not step up customer engagement they will NOT last :-(

Been to Queens Way Soul Cafe? Share your experiences!