“Soul Food”

Queens Way Soul Cafe
Ranked #88 of 360 Restaurants in Hampton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 26 February 2017

The trend recently is in what I call "foofy" soul food. I don't know if that is a real word, but you know what I mean. Trying to make something fancy, and charging more for it. Queen"s Way is not one of those places. They offer standard soul food at reasonable prices. The menu includes staples like pork chops, barbeque, fried fish, with sides like collards, cabbage, and mac and cheese. My wife and I both went with the smothered pork chop. Mine was grilled, with a smokey flavor, her's was fried. I got the cabbage, while she opted for the mac and cheese. The food was good and the service was friendly. I'd definitely go again.

1  Thank 1Chuckh

Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

Had a need for some soul food, and this spot was recommended. Wasn't too sure after being asked for my ID and then searched, but I was greeted and was seated immediately. Nice service and the food was very tasty.

Reviewed 26 April 2016 via mobile

If you like Smothered pork chop, candied yams, cabbage, collards flavored like grandma used to do, this is the place for you..Great Soul food in a diner type atmosphere, good sized portions & other tasty selections, plus the friendliest staff.I will definitely be dining here again when in the area..You should try it.

Reviewed 6 April 2015 via mobile

My family and I visited Queen's Way after driving from Williamsburg on Easter Sunday. We wanted some good soul food. We almost did not visit this restaurant after reading reports of poor customer service and long waits. Our experience at Qyeen's Way was not like the negative reviews we read. The server was very pleasant, welcoming, and attentive. We did not have to wait long for our food as some of the previous reviewers mentioned. I had fried whiting fish, shrimp, mac and cheese, and cabbage. Everything had a good taste, with one exception. The cabbage seemed to have an "off" smell and slightly burnt flavor. With so many different foods on the table, I could not conclude for sure that the cabbage was smelly. I took it with me and smelled it later. It did, in fact, smell funny so I threw it away.
I tasted food from my family's plates too. The candied yams were especially delicious and the collard greens were good too. The ribs were a little tough, but had a good flavor.
I would dine here again, despite the small problem with the cabbage. The other food and good service made up for it. Try it for yourself.

2  Thank DiamondLife23
Reviewed 2 December 2014 via mobile

Great food. I had fried chicken, yams, collard greens and ice tea. The collard greens appeared to be fresh, were seasoned well and were not too salty. The chicken was crisp but still moist. The service was good and the dining room was clean. Located in a strip mall and easily accessed from I-64