Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Hotels.comUS$118
TravelocityUS$118
TraveluroUS$125
All reviews room was clean front desk staff james madison university complimentary breakfast great place to stay would stay again waffles jmu college campus
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 May 2022

Hotel upkeep was lacking. Somethings were very worn in need of replacement.
There wasn't a suitcase rack.
Carpeting was missing in places.
Complementary breakfast was nice.
Fresh popcorn was a nice touch in the afternoon.

Date of stay: May 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
General Manager, General Manager at Hampton Inn Harrisonburg - University, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2022

nortonwilliams70,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers and for your kudos to our team member Scott. We are pleased that you enjoyed breakfast and our fresh popcorn in the evenings. Please know that this hotel is under new management and we are working hard to make the improvements you've mentioned. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future so you can see the efforts made by the new team.

Reviewed 12 April 2022

Welcoming staff upon arrival. Parking lot lighting should be brighter. Clean room. Updated furniture (table). Replace the TV. It took 10 minutes to come on due to no signal. Nowhere to plug phone to recharge.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

lexus10753,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your previous stay with us. We are thrilled to hear you found the hotel convenient and clean. The new management team will take your comments to the respective departments and look into the issues you faced. The new team is working hard to improve the service and facility here and hope we can welcome you back.

Reviewed 10 April 2022 via mobile

I felt like I was victim of the ‘bait and switch’… the room in the photo was lovely but the room I stayed in was a huge disappointment! Everything was old and dirty looking - the carpet was stained,and the bathroom had mold. I was tired from driving a long distance, so I did not complain. I would have also felt bad for the staff who were all so very nice.
I think the biggest issue is I did not get a request to review the hotel from Hilton as I did the 4 other Hampton Inn hotels on my trip, all of which were wonderful. Maybe I should go back to being loyal to Marriott?!?

Room tip: Choose a different hotel
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Kim P

Kim P,

Thank you so much for sharing your comments regarding your previous stay with us. We are very sorry to hear that your experience was lacking and that you were not able to discuss your concerns with a team member during your stay. All of our team members are empowered to handle and correct any issues or concerns our guests face when they are informed of them. Please know that this hotel has recently undergone a change in management and we hope we can welcome you back in the future to see the improvements the team has been making to our service and facility.

Reviewed 9 April 2022

Not your typical Hampton Inn in regards to cleanliness. Lobby & elevators very dreary & could use a good cleaning. Rooms are small. Limited lighting, no clock. Everything is damp, probably because the bathroom has no ventilation.oh and the bathroom is right next to the beds, so forget about privacy. Carpets dirty. TV has limited reception and filthy remote. Only positive was front desk matched a cheaper price online. Too many options, go somewhere else.

Trip type: Travelled with family

MorrisonDonegal,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments online regarding your previous stay with us. We are thrilled to hear that the front desk was so willing to assist you with your price match request. Please know that this hotel is under new management that is taking guest feedback seriously and working hard to improve our service and facility. We hope we can welcome you back in the future to see the improvements we've made.

Reviewed 2 April 2022 via mobile

This is by far the worst Hampton Inn I ever stayed at. It is TERRIBLE. Not only is it outdated, dirty and smelly, it also has an elevator that is held together with duct tape! And it doesn’t always take you to the correct floor. When I asked about it I was told “the wires are crossed, but it will get you there eventually”. What???? That’s insane!! The place smells like an old ashtray. The room was not clean. The ceiling had mold on it. A few places on the walls had a splatter of something and the carpet was gross. There was a copious amount of dust along the baseboards. The shower curtain I am certain has never been washed. The bed lines were ripped and stained. I sent a review to the hotel and all I got was “we have hired new managers” of this and that. Well obviously they are not up to par. I would definitely not ever stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family

catsbyer,

Thank you for your comments regarding your previous stay with us. We are very sorry to hear that your experience was so lacking and not up to standard. We truly apologize for the challenges you faced during your stay with us but are very happy to report that the new management team and cleaned things up significantly. The elevators have been repaired, housekeeping team rehired and trained, and a more effective cleaning process to ensure cleanliness. We hope you will consider returning in the future to see the improvements the new team has made.