Lowest prices for your stay
Residence Inn
US$156
Expedia.comUS$169
PricelineUS$169
TravelocityUS$169
All reviews fire pit front desk basketball court one bedroom suite great stay breakfast staff shenandoah national park hot tub visiting harrisonburg waffles the breakfast area king bed lobby dishwasher jmu jeremiah kitchenette
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 September 2022 via mobile

As usual, a comfortable and very clean King Studio - perfect for a JMU weekend! GO DUKES. Front desk is great - breakfast is a nice added bonus and it’s nice to sit outside by the fire pit and have a glass of wine. Highly recommend as compared to other hotels in the area.

Room tip: The kitchen is great if your going to be tailgating
Trip type: Travelled with family
Vanessa Carter, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2022

On behalf of the entire hotel team, I want to thank you for sharing about stay at Residence Inn Harrisonburg.

It is always encouraging to hear positive feedback, particularly when it comes from those who matter the most – you! Your feedback has been shared with the entire team as a way of celebrating the great guest experiences we delivered. Once again, I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.

Reviewed 8 September 2022 via mobile

Beautiful Facility and convenient location. Checked in by a super nice person named Bart. He acknowledged my elite status, offered a lil gift bag of water and a snack! Ran down the breakfast times and pointed out where/how yo access my room.

Facility is very well maintained and super clean. Possibly the nicest/newest RI I’ve stayed at.

Room tip: Dog friendly!!
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 September 2022 via mobile

Walls very thin . Heard sleeping baby and barking dog . Bathroom is 5 feet from bed w no door in sink area so if you need to turn the lights on at night to wash or use bathroom you will wake your significant other . Hotel itself is clean and rooms are large

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Vanessa Carter, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2022

Thank you for your feedback of your stay. We appreciate the honesty. I am sorry your were able to hear the guests near you. I believe your were in our Studio King room. Our One Bedroom Suites and Two Bedroom Suites definately provide more space and a different lay out. We hope you return and try out our larger rooms. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 31 August 2022 via mobile

The staff was outstanding. The room was clean and smelled fresh. The halls were clean. The pool and hot tub were outstanding. Wanted to use the patio ate but it was actually a little chilly. Over All great stay as usual.

Date of stay: June 2022

Reviewed 11 June 2022 via mobile

Aside from the staff being very nice to us, this hotel appears to have somewhat deteriorated since the last time we were here six years ago. It started with my visit to the ladies room in the lobby. One of the stalls had no toilet paper at all. Then, when we got to our room, the light over the dining table was not working. When we called the front desk, we were told that because of Covid they couldn’t come into our room to change the light bulb. The front desk attendant felt bad and offered to move us to a different room. I declined since we had already unpacked. Then, when my husband used the bathroom in our room, he noticed there was hardly any toilet paper on the roll that was there. Also, there was no box of tissues and only a few paper towels in the kitchen. The soap dish at the bathroom sink was dirty as well. Everything else in the room seemed to be clean, but it disturbs me that they haven’t paid attention to the small, but very important details, such as needed paper products.

The water pressure was great & had plenty of hot water, too. Loved how the tub/shower had shower gel, shampoo and conditioner attached to the shower wall. It wasn’t high-quality stuff, but got the job done and saved me from pulling mine out of my bag. The bed slept comfortably. The AC worked well, but was very noisy.

The breakfast was okay. There was dry cereal, yogurt, instant oatmeal, bagels and premade sandwiches that looked a bit stale. There was also coffee and juice.

We met another guest in the elevator who has been staying here for three months. He seemed pretty happy. I think the takeaway here is that this might be a great place to stay for an extended visit, but not for a quick overnight trip.

Date of stay: June 2022
1  Thank FSUgirlGreenville
Vanessa Carter, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2022

Thank you for your review of your stay at Residence Inn Harrisonburg. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our new amenities in the guest room. We appreciate the honesty in your review on your stay. We are always improving our services. One of the best tools to improve is the feedback from guests. With these we can focus on the details. I am sorry that we fell short on your expectations during your stay and we hope that you will stay with us again during your future travel needs in Harrisonburg.