Lowest prices for your stay
Wyndham
US$58
US$58
Algotels
US$55
Booking.comUS$58
Hotels.comUS$58
ZenHotels.comUS$62
All reviews comfortable bed would stay here again easy access convenient location nice stay highway pet gas
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 August 2022

Travelling from New Hampshire to South Carolina we decided to rest at Howard Johnson by Wyndham. Do not be fooled by the promotional pictures on their website.
It is beyond me how this place even has a license to operate as a Hotel . The following is a list of issues we experienced.
1/ Toilet was broken and not flushing
2/ A/C was barely working
3/ When we switched on the A/C a small swarm of flies invaded the room
4/ The room had a strong pungent odor
5/ It sounded like the people in the next room were bouncing off the walls
6/ The linens on the bed were questionable at best
7/ People milling around outside were questionable one was pushing a shopping cart
8/ The floor of the room was moving as you walked across the room.
9/ The floors in the room were absolutely filthy (i'm not just talking about dirty- Filthy)
10/ There was a layer of list and dust under the beds.

Do Not Inflict this Place on your Family. We left this hotel within twenty minutes of our arrival. It was beyond doubt the worst hotel we had used . I would urge you to read the reviews on this place before you make a reservation.

Room tip: Do not use this hotel
Date of stay: August 2022
1  Thank FarAway801905
Reviewed 28 July 2022

Everything seemed fine for the time I was there. The only problems were the air conditioning being off when it was 100 degrees outside. Luckily us leaving to eat and come back it was significantly better.. and the bed covers and sheets had obviously not been changed from previous guest considering there was a nickel (coin) in my bed along with some dirtiness.. but had 2 queen beds when only needed one so I was able to use the other one. Those 2 problems were the only problems I had. I left very early so I didn’t get to see the breakfast situation so I can’t comment on that.

Date of stay: July 2022
Reviewed 6 July 2022

Place was dirty and loud out side. Dead flys on the floor, bathtub was dirty. Counter top was dirty. Sheets look very gray, not white. People were talking loudly and dogs barking. I believe there are people living in some of the rooms.

Date of stay: July 2022
Reviewed 3 July 2022

This motel was within our budget and we found it to be very bright and recently refurbished. we asked for non smoking but our room smelled strongly of smoke. However, the receptionist was courteous and apologetic and immediately gave us another room. This one was clean, bright modern. Beds comfortable, linens clean and fresh. However, it was a little noisy through the night as we were near a busy road junction. Rooms may be quieter on the other side of the motel. Internet was a little slow! Our only disappointment were the other guests choosing to smoke standing in their room doorways so as to circumvent the non smoking policy. This allowed the smoke to drift back into the rooms. The hotel should have a stricter policy and a wider curfew area. But, overall, a pleasant stay for the price.

Date of stay: June 2022
Reviewed 30 June 2022 via mobile

Clean room. Friendly staff. This is no frills hotel, great for staying if you have a long drive and need a place to stay for the evening. I even left something at the hotel during my travel through Virginia and the Hotel staff went out of their way to ship it back to to me. Great experience! Would stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2022