“BBQ As you like it”

Add it.
Log Cabin Barbecue
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 28 October 2014

Rustic, plain tables very good family food. We loved the BBQ ribs and pulled pork. This place has old time charm..

Reviewed 14 October 2014

Wonderful North Carolina-style barbecue near JMU. Place looks like the fast-food joint that it used to be, but bbq and ribs are definitely not "fast food". Ribs were "fall off the bone" tender. NC style pulled pork definitely better than tomato-bbq based, but both good. Skip sides -- but dessert's a winner. Will definitely keep this on our "must" list for Harrisonburg. Why bother with chain restaurants?

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Convienient location and real rustic feel.Food was better than I expected from tourist trap type location.Server very friendly and helpful and food cost did not break the bank.Kids meal was enjoyed by my kids who I did not think would like anything to eat here.Overall a pleasant surprise and much cheaper than competitor just up the way from here.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

We'd been to the original one and were happy to see them open a branch closer to us in Harrisonburg. There are choices of Regular Pork Barbecue, North Carolina Pork barbecue and then Beef Barbecue along with a bunch of sides that are great too. There is a drive-thru as well as tables when you have more time to sit and enjoy the friendly staff.

1  Thank bdemmerson
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I wanted to like this place. The building looks new, it's clean inside and decorated cute for a fast-food type restaurant. The sister restaurant in Elkton does not appear to be "fast food" although I haven't eaten there. I walked in and sat down and was waited on by a friendly but shy server. She did ok though it didn't seem like the type of place where a server was necessary.

Unfortunately, a nice restaurant and decent staff cannot cover up bad food. The green beans were canned, which is ok, but they tasted canned. You have to boil canned vegetables in spices and aromatics until the canned flavor disappears but they didn't do that. The mac and cheese seemed like Kraft or Velveeta. It was ok, but it wasn't homemade or quality.

I also expect hush puppies to come with the meal, not as a side dish. I didn't try them, but I paid over $10 and still didn't get a hush puppy. Sad. The iced tea was ok though.

And then there was the North Carolina style pulled pork. Nothing can fix dry meat. It had plenty of sauce but it was as dry as a bone and overcooked. There was no fat on the meat at all either. It's like they used the wrong cut of meat. I added a lot more sauce and ate my meal, but manufactured side dishes and dry meat means I will not be back.

2  Thank Curtis24401