“Quality n went they extra mile!!!”

The Black Lion Hotel Restaurant
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: High quality home cooked food is at the heart of what we do at The Black Lion, our aim is to provide our customers with high quality food using the best local produce, and our food can be complemented with our real ales and fine wines from around the world.The Black Lion is situated in an official area of "outstanding natural beauty" & only six miles from the coast, so we are close to the some of the most beautiful countryside in Wales as well as the seaside!Our outside seating area sits on the banks on the river Elwy and we are surrounded by stunning countryside, so even if your only stop is at The Black Lion you can still enjoy some of the most beautiful scenery Wales has to offer. John & the team would like to welcome all to The Black Lion & they look forward to making your stay with us both enjoyable & memorable. With our high quality food and accommodation, real ales, fine wines from around the world and our specialty coffees, there will be something for all in our beautiful country pub!
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Arrived slightly early with my daughter n wife, after strolling up n down the river we then find the establishment not open for another half hour, the boss man (John) kindly offered me and my family in early to sit by the fire (lil things eh), food now... I ordered the sirloin which was cooked super well, n my wife ordered Texan burger, n my two year old had the kids local produced sausages, now mark my words people I enjoy my tuck but portion sizes we monsterous :)) cheers for ya hospitality John n crew 10 big fat points c u soon Chris n family

1  Thank K1234K1234

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

What a simply amazing pub. Gorgeous location and food to die for. Caters for vegetarians and vegans too. The best chips in the country chunky and crispy on the outside. Great menu to suit all tastes.

1  Thank Anne H
Reviewed 18 March 2018

A roast wasn't part of my original thinking when we came here. Having been here before I knew the steaks and burger offer were solid, however having a nosey what the other diners were having I was impressed by the look of the roasts going by. We both opted for the mixed meat roast and planned on a pudding to finish. The plates arrived and immediately any thoughts of a pudding vanished. This was a generous size helping. It had chicken, beef and a gorgeous slice of melt in your mouth pork belly. The apple sauce was great and is either homemade or a top notch ready made. Nice crispy roast potatoes on the outside and nice and fluffy inside were perfect for me. The veg were well cooked and flavoursome. Gravy was full flavoured without overpowering the meal. The only negative points for me were the Yorkshire pudding which was a little dry for my taste and it could all of been just a little warmer. These however are not enough to prevent me giving it a top rating. Add in friendly service and a lovely countryside location by a little river, made even more picturesque by the snow that had fallen. Well worth a visit

1  Thank superted2016
Reviewed 25 February 2018

Went on a friends recommendation for Sunday lunch. Was ok. Service slow both at the bar and table, food nice but not very warm. Disappointed really.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

A very pleasant Sunday lunch with generous portions. Service was a little slow but the restaurant was very busy to be fair. We will be returning again.

1  Thank DerekShmoo