“Nice Hotel - Easy Access”

Residence Inn by Marriott Herndon Reston
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

This hotel is very nice and reasonably priced! It is very close to food, shops and main roads.

The room is very clean nd quiet. The room has a fridge, stove and microwave. Coin laundry available near the lobby. Central air in the room. Free Wi-Fi and free parking. I am traveling to Tysons Corner each day and it's about 20 mins if you leave at the right time.

I would definitely recommend to others and stay again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank VIP7844
Cindy M, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Herndon Reston, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Dear VIP7844,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn Herndon Reston through the TripAdvisor feedback.
Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Herndon Reston and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Herndon.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

For many reasons, this location is great - you have lot of good restaurants at walking distance and many are very good in terms of quality of food and service... And then you have Safeway just about a block away if you need to pick grocery... And if you are into running, the W & OD trail is a great place to run...

The staff is very friendly and courteous, they really make an effort to make sure that your stay is comfortable and leave happy... There is ample parking around the property... Their house keeping also does a great job...

Only issue that some guests may find as a gap is the fact that there is no gym within the complex... However, they do provide the option of accessing the Gold's Gym nearby...

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank SanthoshJayakumar
Cindy M, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Herndon Reston, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Dear SanthoshJayakumar,
Thank you so much for your kind words on our property. It was our pleasure to serve you.
With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. As our valued guest; your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.
Thank you again for staying at the Residence Inn Herndon Reston and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Herndon.

Ever grateful,

Reviewed 9 June 2017

71 of us gathered at the Herndon Residence Inn last weekend for a family reunion. To say the staff was helpful is an understatement. Cresma and the others were fantastic. Thank you for helping to make our weekend a huge success..

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2017

Stayed for a few days for business. One issue i had was with the airport shuttle. But it was resolved. Carol was very nice and helpful and made sure the rest of my visit was pleasant. Room was a nice size room, it was clean, housekeeping did a good job. No complaints. I would definitely be back.

Tip for visitors with a lot of bags. Make sure you request a ground floor room. There is no elevator. 2 flights of steps

Room Tip: Decent size rooms
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Hotelreview05
Cindy M, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Herndon Reston, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2017

Dear Hotelreview05,

Thank you so much for your kind words on our property and our team member, Carol.
With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. Your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.

Please come back and stay with us soon.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

I'm moving from Europe to Virginia to start school and I have been in a hotel for 12 days so far. I can say, I've been staying in Marriott hotels and resorts for going on 10 years, this one is by far the best I've stayed in. The staff here treat you like family and are so wonderful to deal with. I cannot say enough about how well they all treated me.

That being said, the reception team is by far the friendliest I have encountered. They are always available to answer any questions and help with anything you need.

As far as the overall hotel amenities, they have thought of absolutely everything from shuttle service around the local area, down to the silverware in the kitchenette each room has. They provide coffee and popcorn for your arrival and your first night. Coffee is available at any time. :)

This is a pet-friendly hotel as well and I was able to bring my pups here with no complaints and with tons of ease. The only complaint I would have is not with the property or the employees but the patrons who stay in the facilities and own pets. Most of the pet owners, not all, most who bring their four legged fur babies do not pick up after them. This is rude of them and unacceptable behavior. I have pups and I pick up after them. I had the misfortune of stepping in another's leftovers which is disgusting and people should be more considerate of others. It is because of these individuals that there are not more pet-friendly hotels. If you would pick up after your dog and keep them well mannered, more hotels would probably be more willing to accept pets. I can totally see why they don't do it more. In Europe, almost every hotel allows pets and nearly every pet owner picks up after their animals and keeps them well mannered. This is why hotels do not like pets and I can't blame them.

The only reason I am leaving this hotel is so I can move to another Residence Inn in Fairfax which is closer to where I will be working. I just hope that I receive the same service at the next place because the team here has set the bar extremely high.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Robin O
Cindy M, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Herndon Reston, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Dear Robin O

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn Herndon Reston and your loyalty to the Marriott brand.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
1.2 km away
Courtyard Herndon Reston
#15 of 20 in Herndon
2.8 km away
Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Herndon Reston? Share your experiences!