“Nice dinner spot, quant, quiet ”

Ice House Cafe & Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Ice House Cafe & Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 243 Restaurants in Herndon
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

On a Wednesday night reservations were not necessary. We had pretty good service. The menu is nice, various selections, not cheap. I had duck breast, was very good served aside some rice and vegetables. They have a nice desert menu also, and a full bar.

Reviewed 22 April 2018

We started with calamari. For $12 we had SIX calamari!! There is not any person that would order that a second time. No one pays $12 for SIX calamari!!!The sauce they were in had good flavor, and it came with pita bread. I ordered crab cakes. They were very mushy with little crab. Trying to pick the pieces of is cartilage and shell out of my mouth is not good on date night. $25 for mushy crab cakes will not happen again! My date ordered Jambalaya. The flavor was good, but the shrimp and scallops were over cooked and chewy. This date night was a bust! The sea food was not good, and completely over priced. It took over 1 hour to have our order taken and get our food. It took another hour to get our bill. I wanted coffee and dessert, but the server never came back! It is probable better that I was not asked if I wanted to order coffee or dessert since they probably would have also been bad. The table next to us sent their coffee back! I have never seen anyone send coffee back. Save your money and your date night, go some where else!!!

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Extremely friendly, local hang-out, with lots of close by parking, great food and staff. Get there early if you are going to one of the two bars because they fill-up quickly. You can eat in the bar and the food comes just as fast as sitting in the restaurant. Good selection of cider, wine and beer. Bartenders know how to make mixed drinks! Lots of local and it seems like they rotate in and out on some bizarre shift or cycle. Decorations are great to observe and checkout. A very nice place to meet for lunch or after-work drinks. Smoking is out back and they do have tables, but it was just to cold and windy to enjoy being outside, but soon, that looks like the place to go. Dan the bartender in the back is great, he'll keep you entertained, well fed and your glass full! Great Job Dan, handled the high traffic and volume without ignoring anyone.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

I stopped in for lunch while waiting for a flight out of Dulles.

The wait staff was friendly and professional.

I had a half dozen oysters which were very good. I also had to he H & H burger which was a bratwurst on a hamburger with onions and swiss cheese. It was cooked to perfection. Overall a great lunch experience !

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Attended an annual company reunion at the Ice House. First time I'd been there, and I was really impressed by the quality of the food and service.