All reviewseggsroom was cleanthe hotel is pet friendlybread productsbetter optionmicrowave and fridgewould stay here againdecent place to staybusy weekendbiscuitsshort stayonly stayed one nightpriced hotelparking lotyogurtgreat showerlong trip
Reviewed 6 November 2017

My cousin woke me up with a phone call telling me she was tormented by bedbugs all night. She got bitten and that destroyed the wonderful trip we had planned. I was in the room next to her and I was kept awake most of the night with worrying about FLEAS biting me, that I had seen and killed before I could fall asleep. Very disappointed in this "Quality" Inn. Also utility workers trucks were allowed to park right outside our doors and woke us up at 5 AM with their LOUD, BIG truck engines and shouting to each other before they left. NOT COOL! Not the way I wanted to start my morning. Then I got the call from my cousin telling me she had bedbugs in her room. NOT A GOOD VACATION DAY AT ALL!!!!! What a nightmare.
WORST HOTEL STAY I HAVE EVER HAD !!!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Ian E
Reviewed 25 September 2017

I have been satisfied with previous stays at the Hillsville Quality Inn. Clean updated rooms, comfortable, safe and pet friendly. The complimentary breakfast is great for my usual early morning departures. I had an issues with my stay on Saturday 9/23. When I entered the lobby, I was not greeted or acknowledged. There were 2 people in front of me checking in which took 8-10 minutes. There were 2 clerks behind the counter but only 1 processing check ins. When it was my turn, the clerk stopped to answer the phone and answered questions about availability, rates & directions while I waited. Since I had a reservation - I just needed to check in a get a key. Sunday morning breakfast was a disaster. A patron had a dog in the eating area, counter trash cans were overflowing, waffle mix, syrup and cereal were empty. I had to go to the back room to get someone to help. When I tried to make my waffle, it stuck to the griddle. When I asked the clerk for help, she proceeded to scrap the waffle out and did not clean or oil the pan. I was disappointed with the level of front office professionalism and customer service. I will give the Quality Inn another try, as it is the best option in the area.

Room Tip: Balcony area away from office is quiet and offers more parking options.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

This is a nice property that is well laid out. We enjoyed the security of being able to park right in front of our door. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. The front desk staff both at check in and the next morning were very nice. Breakfast was the typical Quality Inn breakfast, but it's free. You can fill up on cereal, waffles, eggs, yogurt, biscuits, etc. the eating area was spacious and bright and the meeting room was opened up for additional seating. Since the property was older we had high hopes that the room would be quiet. Unfortunately, we could hear the tv and conversation in the next room. I don't think the occupants were overly loud, it's just that the walls are thin. (We were in 117, in the back) We requested a late checkout so we could try and get some extra sleep. I woke up early and caught the maid outside and she assured me she knew about the late checkout. About 11, a different maid started yelling outside our front door to another maid upstairs "you didn't tell me 117 had a late checkout!!!!" I popped my head out the door and received a smile. Several housekeeping carts were parked outside our door and the maids were quite loud. I don't understand why they don't get that you are trying to get some sleep so they shouldn't be yelling and talking right outside the door.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2017

This is a typical Quality Inn with the typical morning breakfast. good food , but nothing to brag about. This Inn is located just off the highway ,near a number of restaurants, The receptionist was outstanding, very helpful. I'd booked though a third party and she couldn't locate my reservation but got us a room on a very busy weekend ( Eclipse weekend; people traveling to Myrtle Beach ). We, with her help, finally located my reservation at a confirmed lower rate. The receptionist changed my rate to match. She was also helpful in other ways in a very sweet manner. However this was her last day there because she's going into the career she studied for. If we need to stay in or near Hillsville, we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Suggest making reservations ahead of time;
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2017

The front desk was very helpful in providing information about restaurants (had an information sheet) and also gave specific directions for us.
The room was large and clean. There were two chairs so that both of us had a place to work. The bed was quite comfortable.
It was very quiet and we had a good night's sleep.
We were able to park right outside the room which makes it easy to unload. There was a lot of parking in the lot
The breakfast had a good variety and was kept well stocked.
We would come back here if we were ever back in the area.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple