US$126
US$92
US$79
US$149
US$99
All reviewstwo doubleslow endfort leeconvenient locationroom was cleanquiet areaexercise roomwould stay here againlong drivefree breakfasti'm gladtwo queen bedswaffle makerarrived latethird floorstaff was friendlyoff the highway
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

Heading north , we
reserved and pre checked in at the Fairfield Inn in Hopewell ,Virginia ....not our usual stay on our trip home from South Carolina , Hilton Head Island. Being elite members of Marriotts' rewards program we naturally assumed that all Marriotts are quality stays. WRONG!!
We were given a room as per our request :quiet and out-of-the-way. However upon entering the room we found that it had not been serviced from the previous guest. We were then given another room on the first floor this time. The condition of the room was subpar. The rug look like it hadn't been cleaned since it was installed, The inside of the toilet bowl had a ring around it from God knows when, and when I turned down the duvet the bottom sheet on the bed was dirty. I went down to the reception desk and they wanted to give me another room. At a late hour, I said no way ...please have housekeeping change the sheets . There was no housekeeping at this hour so I told them to just give me the sheets and I would change the bed myself, which we did. Front desk had little to say except... sorry.
And just to note some minor things, The notepad and pen on the nightstand were used: the pad had imprint writing on it and the pen was uncapped. Not so minor was the fact that the door to the room did not automatically close and had to be pushed shut.... very annoying and noisy. In addition, at 8 o'clock in the morning the next day repair work on a couple of rooms directly across from us began drilling and noise that was totally unacceptable.
All I can say is that this was not a comfortable stay.
However, I would be remiss if I failed to mention that the breakfast was up to the usual Marriott standards, but still not justifying a stay at this Fairfield Inn. Very disappointing. Marriott should be ashamed and embarrassed.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank her_10
tarnisha b, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopewell, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopewell with us.

As the cleanliness of our hotel is a key priority, I am very sorry that your guestroom fell short of your expectations. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the housekeeping team in an effort to improve our service.

As a Valued Customer, we hope you choose to stay with us whenever your travels bring you back to Hopewell.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

We ask for and received a first floor room but most were under renovation so it was noisy and cluttered. Room keys did not work well and had to go to second floor for ice. Check in was good. Room a/c had been set at 60 degrees so it took some time for the room to be comfortable.
We have stayed here in the past and it had been OK.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to complete the Survey in regards to your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopewell.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal. Please accept our sincere apology for your overall stay with us. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this issue is corrected moving forward.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Hopewell.

Reviewed 11 May 2017

We stayed at the Hopewell Fairfield Inn two nights, May 1-3, 2017. Waited at the front desk with three other guests for at least 10 minutes with no one there to check us in. The sign said the clerk was away helping another guest. When he did come back, he was not very social. Not what I'd expect from a Marriott front desk clerk. (Unfortunately I didn't get his name.) This was about 6:30 p.m. on May 1st. We were given room 335, with two beds. Room seemed clean. Bathroom was another story but more on that later.

We left by 8:30 a.m. on the 2nd for the day. We came back at 8:30 p.m. to find our keys didn't work. I went back to the front desk and the same young man who checked us in was there. He said we probably put the keys next to a cell phone. Uh, no. Both keys were in our wallets. Went back to the room, opened the door and what do we find? Our room had not been touched. Towels on the floor, beds not made. I called the front desk. No excuse, no I'm sorry, nothing. The only response I got was housekeeping had already left for the day. I said I wanted some clean towels. He told me I had to come down to the front desk to get them. So off I went for a second time. Back upstairs it occurred to me I had no coffee for the morning because it had not been restocked. Back to the front desk I went. Clerk was pretty clueless as to the fact there's a difference between decaf and caffeinated. He didn't have any regular. At this point my patience was thin. I asked him to find a room that wasn't being used and to go get me some coffee. This he did.

The next morning we packed up and I made another trip to the front desk to express my displeasure with our accommodations. "Carlos" wasn't the least bit sympathetic to our room not being cleaned the day before. He went into the other room to "check on it" and came back and told me the room wasn't cleaned because the Do Not Disturb sign was on the door. How could that be when we took it off the inside of the door to place it on the outside of the door when we returned? That just made me even more angry. Then I told him about the caulking in the bathtub hanging loose and the mildew on the tub tile, mildew on in upper inside ring of the sink and mildew on the shower curtain. He said the rooms were in the process of being updated. It doesn't take a renovation to replace a mildewed shower curtain or to clean mildew from tile much less replace loose caulk.

We were given a $35 refund. It wasn't about the refund. It's about the staff's lack of social skills when dealing with guests and obvious negligence of the housekeeping staff.

Very disappointed in this Marriott property. We won't be back.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to complete the Guest Satisfaction Survey in regards to your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopewell.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for your overall experience. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this issue is corrected moving forward.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

I stayed two nights this past weekend. Housekeeping NEVER made up my room when I went out. Left 10:30 Saturday morning. Was out for the entire day. Returned at 5:30, no towels, no bed made up.....nothing. Called the front desk to inquire why housekeeping hasn't been by. They asked if I had the "do not disturb" out. Yes, I explained, but only until 10:30. Was told housekeeping must have been through earlier. My question was, why in the world hadn't they circled back?!

Room Tip: Avoid the hotel
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 4 April 2017

Convenient location off 295, but that's the only positive. As Gold elite, I asked for an upgrade, but was told none were available. Checked on line and found all sorts of rooms. Turns out the front desk clerk just didn't know how to look for an upgrade. So much for using the Marriott App to check in the day before and having your keys and upgrade available when you arrived.

The hotel decor is from at least the 90's and shows it. The hallways smell and the carpet was dirty in our room. The room price was much higher than our room last night in a beautiful new Fairfield in Charleston SC, where they offered gold elite a gift bag and an item from the marketplace. No recognition of gold elite at all in this place.

If you have a choice, I would look elsewhere.

Room Tip: In another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

I am very sorry our current appearance was not what you had anticipated. We strive to maintain the highest standards, not only in service, but also with regards to maintaining the overall look and feel of the hotel. Unfortunately, this sometimes requires essential renovations in our guest areas.

As you noticed, we are currently about to undergoing a major renovation of our all of our area. All of these areas are sure to provide a highly functional space and stylish décor that meet the modern needs of our valued guests, like you.

Although we fell short of meeting your expectations during your past stay, I hope you will consider Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopewell on your next visit to Hopewell so that we can better deliver upon the guest experience you deserve.