“Great Food”

Ranked #12 of 54 Restaurants in Hopewell
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

We went to Dockside today and were pleasantly surprised.
The restaurant is beautiful and even offers a large outdoor deck overlooking the most beautiful full view of the James River.
I ordered a side salad which contained sweet red onions and delicious Arcadia lettuce.
For my entree I had fried oysters which were cooked perfectly along with very good French fries. Last of all I had some of their very tasty cole slaw.

Even though they are quite a distance from us, it is well worth the trip.

I recommend this business.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

We sat outside in the non-smoking area of the patio. The wasps were plenteous and a little scary, but the view was lovely enough to take out chances. The staff was friendly. But, the food...yikes! The fried shrimp was mediocre; definitely frozen or pre-cooked. The fries were not great. Fresh cut fries would be a big improvement! The baked potato was cooked perfectly. The green beans looked and tasted fresh from the can. But, the main issue was the stuffed flounder. I asked for it without the butter sauce on top which was not possible according to our server because it had been prepped that morning. Okay, that's somewhat understandable...BUT even with all that "prep," parts of my fish were still raw. As I write this 5 hours later, I'm still queasy. Essentially, this meal reminded me of a episode of Kitchen Nightmares...where's Chef Ramsay when you need him???

1  Thank Virgilla G
Reviewed 25 July 2017

service was very slow and food was average, would have been better off getting fast food somewhere else...

Reviewed 24 July 2017

I stopped in the Dockside recently for a late lunch and it was a most pleasant experience. With a large selection of seafood on the menu, I decided on the Broiled Seafood Platter and it was great. With shrimp, scallops, crabmeat, lobster meat, fish, oysters hush puppies, coleslaw and a roll, I wasn't sure I'd be able to finish it off, but somehow I managed to. A cozy restaurant with deck seating over looking the James River, I would recommend it to anyone looking for a quality mean in an attractive environment.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

The restaurant sits behind a horrible delapated motel.The beautiful inside and water view kind of makes up for the outside,The staff is still learning the menu the $15 dollar hamburger is ok but they really should consider fresh cut fries to accommodate that expensive buger.My fries were dry and and looked like they had been precooked.The menu was ok nothing spectacular the prices are well hire then I expected for the area but ok.happy hour is great.I would say try the happy hour first then see if you want to stay for dinner.I wish them,much success