“Very impressed ”

K & L Barbecue
Ranked #2 of 54 Restaurants in Hopewell
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

During a dinner break from work, my coworker and I decided to dine at K&L upon the recommendation of another coworker. Upon sitting down, we were greeted by an extremely friendly waitress who's pleasing personality and attention to detail made a delicious meal even more impressive. I had the chicken livers with brown gravy and onions, greens, and baked potato. My coworker had the quarter baked chicken, sweet potato, and green beans. Everything was very good, but best of all were the delicious biscuits and hush puppies! I highly recommend this place if you like country cooking, but come early. We got there at 4:15 on a Thursday afternoon and there were only a few empty tables, and as we were leaving an hour later it was beginning to get crowded.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

meals are always good and generous portions
waitresses very friendly and courteous
owners know their customers and always
friendly

Reviewed 1 September 2017

We had been wanting to try K & L for awhile but they're not open on weekends. I finally had a day off during the week so we decided to drive up and try it. The pork BBQ was okay but definitely not the best I've had. I had the butter beans & corn and the green beans for my 2 sides. Both sides were delicious. I had lemonade which was very good. Then I had to have dessert. I opted for Pig Pickin' Cake. It was a big piece of cake and it very good too. But it was more like a coconut cake than the Pig Pickin' Cakes I'm used to. All the servers we encountered were very friendly and our food came out quickly even though they were pretty busy. If we get a chance to go back, I'm going to try the fried chicken which I've heard is good.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Every visit to family in the area includes a stop at K&L. Great BBQ at an amazing price. Personally, the fried chicken is top notch but for this you must wait (the BBQ is served so fast it could be 'fast food' but taste is slow cooking).

Reviewed 24 August 2017

This restaurant has been in Hopewell for many years. I don't eat a lot of pork, but I went to K&L to get a barbecue sandwich for a friend who was in the hospital, and tried one myself. It was absolutely delectable. The bread was soft and fresh and the meat was tender and tasty. I recommend this place to anyone who doesn't mind eating a little pork somtetimes!