“Good food”

Ranked #28 of 54 Restaurants in Hopewell
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 9 July 2017

Nothing terribly spectacular or bad about the place. Went to dinner on a weeknight with friends and had a couple of drinks and dinner. The place is tucked in behind a used car dealership but once inside it is clean and spacious. The food is good and priced like a normal hibachi restaurant from 12-22 dollars per meal, of course depending on what you ordered. The portion sizes are excellent and like most hibachi places soup and salad are part of the entree. Staff was friendly and attentive nothing to complain about. Overall not a bad place to eat right outside a military post.

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

We wanted something a little different. Cooking on the table was it. We took Nana and all the grandkids. It was a lovely meal. Lots of food and all very good. Our cook , entertainer, did s great job and we had plenty of left overs.

Reviewed 3 February 2017 via mobile

This is actually quite decent sushi, even though the ambiance may be more like 3 stars. We sat at the tepanaki table since there wasn't anseoarat sushi bar (there is a regular bar however). I had salmon, tuna, yellowtail and eel and all were quite good.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

My family and I have visited Kanpai several times. For first timers, you get the experience of seeing the Chef prepare your food at your table while providing an entertaining show. Once the show is over and the food is done, you get to enjoy an awesome plate of food. I have never been dissatisfied. They offer great drinks as well. The food is on the pricier side, so we usually visit on special occasions, a family of four can spend close to $100 if not more depending on your food choices.

Reviewed 15 August 2016

We have been going to Kanpai for years to celebrate birthdays! Not anymore- we arrived for my son's birthday - ordered drinks- my son ordered a rum and coke at which the waitress said we don't have that! I looked at my son and said I don't think so- so I went to the bar where the owner said yes we do have rum- I told him the waitress said you don't have that - he walked me back to my table at which he spoke to the waitress and she brought the drink. We ordered Teriyaki Steak & Chicken- the vegetables we not seasoned at all! the Teriyaki chicken we were passing around the cooks bottle to add the teriyaki to the chicken. The steak NEVER had ANY teriyaki sauce on it. I called back to the restaurant today to let the owner know how our dinner was- he hung up on me! Apparently he didn't think I was worth listening to. We will definitely find a new place to celebrate birthdays in the future!