“Could be Better”
Review of Waffle House

Waffle House
Ranked #19 of 54 Restaurants in Hopewell
Reviewed 2 July 2017

I've eaten at several Waffle Houses up in Chesterfield (Hull Street Rd and Hopkins Rd) and the service was way better.

At this Waffle House, the first time I visited, the A/C didn't seem like if was working quite right, it was hot and stuffy inside. They were not too busy, but no Hello or Good Morning from the Wait Staff.

Just ate there this morning, and again the Wait Staff just seemed to be going thru the motion. Barely a Hello or Good Morning. At least the Waitress who served me was friendly. I still remember the other waitress (she was on the phone apparently taking a call in order). Yell across the restaurant to tell the customers that were seated already to "just wait one".

The only thing that redeem this place:
1. Close to several hotels if you are staying in one of them.
2. My waitress (lots of tattoos and chopsticks in her hair) was friendly. Ask for her if you go.
3. Cook Staff was busting their rears to get orders out.
4. Food was good.

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for a quick bite last Sunday. Impressed with the food & service of staff at this location. Ordered a steak n cheese sandwich, covered & capped hash browns & a gravy biscuit. Food served hot & fast. All staff were either cooking or cleaning and were very attentive to our needs. Thanks for a great experience at your location.

Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

I want your by myself, and sat at the main counter. The waiter was super friendly and the rest of the people seemed that way as well.

The place was clean and really resembled a diner like atmosphere.

The food came quickly and was VERY good. The only complaints I have about the whole experience is that the OJ was room temp, I like it cold. Also, the eggs used in the meal were in the basket past the expiration time written down(only by 6 minutes, but still)

Other than that it was great, I have head from locals though that a lot of people get sick there. Didn't confirm it was this location though, I felt fine.

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

Foods: my breakfast was made by the tall lady with the "Waffle House Rock Star" on her back. She is a very good cook who is talent, quick, and humor. My breakfast was All Star Special that made me rate; 5/5
Customer Service: Southern style which is warm and friendly. I saw they took care every one very well. They also work as a very good team: 5/5
Interior: Waffle House style which is simple but organized. However, most of Waffle House restaurants I stopped by are not really clean. I don't know why. And this location is not different, so : 3/5
Total: 4.3/5. Recommended.

Reviewed 9 November 2016 via mobile

Waffle House restaurants are by their very nature not fine dining establishments; however, I've eaten at a few that took pride in the quality of their food, the cleanliness of their business and their customer service.

A recent early morning visit to this location proved that they are the exception. The customers frequenting this location seemed seedy and the staff appeared to care less about taking my order. Several tables were riddled with dirty dishes left by the previous customers and several of the staff were outside just smoking in the parking lot..unacceptable.

When I finally did get my order..over 30 minutes later!..the scrambled eggs.. "smothered and covered"..were inedible.

So if your looking to just grab a bite of breakfast..what Waffle Houses are known for..skip this one and save yourself the heartache and potentially the heartburn.

Been to Waffle House? Share your experiences!