“Fresh food & great flavor”

Tops China Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 60 Restaurants in Hopewell
Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

This is the second Chinese restaurant I've eaten at in the area. The General Tso Chicken was great, better than the other. Crispy and flavorful. It showed it was spicy but I couldn't taste much so ask for extra hot maybe.

I ordered the special as recommended by other reviewers. I wish they gave you more food though. I didn't have much leftovers. Usually they pack the rice in there but it looked like they could put more in there.

The price was a bit more than the other Chinese restaurant around the corner. Yes it tastes better but if you're on a budget go there. If you want better food, eat here.

I ordered the special vs the combo. The combo was a bit more expensive but came with an egg roll. So did I really get a discount by ordering the Special, since they took the egg roll out? I'll find out next time I visit. Overall, I was happy but spent too much I think, for what I received.

Reviewed 1 May 2016

Ordered sesame chicken. Watched the cook in the back beating back that delicious chicken. Order came out better than I expected. A lot of chicken and rice. I would go back.

1  Thank Wayne M
Reviewed 30 April 2016

Four of us have eaten together inside for supper twice in the last 2 months. Each time the staff were friendly and helpful, the meals were nice portions and very good, and at reasonable prices. Their pork coked rice is prepared well, is browned on the grill, and unlike some others, theirs has small chopped vegetables in it (as it should be) - kudos for that! The Shrimp Lomaine and General Tao's Chicken were especially good. We would highly recommend this restaurant. The inside is small and retro 1960's look.

1  Thank Joey L
Reviewed 21 April 2016

I have tried this location a few times and every time I experience the same thing...lots of grease on the vents, slippery floors, and questionable serverpro. The food taste okay if you can get past the dirty appearance of the location. It looks like the windows haven't been cleaned is quite some time.

Reviewed 3 September 2015 via mobile

I went by there yesterday just to try it out. I figured it would be your typical strip mall Chinese food, but I was pleasantly surprised that the chicken (general tso) was cooked just right so the outside was crispy and cooked perfectly. It was also nicely spiced. The spring rolls were cooked very good too.
It is still typical Chinese but it is very well prepared making it a good place to eat.

1  Thank Jaysuhn12

Been to Tops China Restaurant? Share your experiences!