“Nothing Special”

Add it.
McDonald's
Ranked #18 of 54 Restaurants in Hopewell
Reviewed 14 April 2017

We stopped here for breakfast on our way to South Carolina. The food was typical McDonald's food and the service was nothing amazing.

Reviewed 11 December 2016

Stopped in after a disappointing breakfast offering at our hotel. Service of standard McDonalds breakfast items was well handled. Fast and efficient staff.

Reviewed 17 February 2016

McDonalds is a pretty good fast food chain offering some quality items no matter the time of day. The line use to wrap around the building, but with the new drive thru lanes it at least tricks me into thinking the line is moving faster.

Reviewed 15 May 2015

Just the normal good burgers at McDonalds. We usually enjoy all of McDonald's menu. There was nothing to dislike at this visit.

Reviewed 2 May 2015

Coming in from Williamsburg to visit Petersburg National Battlefield about 11:15 AM, I was passing this McDonald’s in nearby Hopewell en route so I decided to have an early, fast lunch beforehand.

I ordered the 3 Southern Chicken Selects with Tangy Honey Mustard Sauce at $2.99. With tax, it was $$3.21.

Service from the counterwoman was courteous and accurate. It took a few minutes for my food.

While waiting, I anticipated having authentic Southern fried chicken. Although the chicken was a darker brown than expected, it looked okay; however, when I took the first bite, I found that the chicken was overcooked so it was dry and tough on the ends. That was disappointing. The rest was okay but nothing to rave about. I expected better for McD’s.

Getting a hot chicken lunch for just over $3.25 was inexpensive and a good value; however, I think that should have gone with an Onion Cheddar Burger instead. That menu item seems to be consistently moist and tasty in various cities throughout the U.S.

If you found this review helpful, kindly click YES below.

1  Thank Maurene_K

Been to McDonald's? Share your experiences!