“Maybe we should have tried the pizza, large portions at affordable prices but mediocre quality”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Leone's Pizza & Italian Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 54 Restaurants in Hopewell
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 21 July 2017

Location is in a strip mall minutes from I-295 and close to lots of affordable motels. Service was average. From the outside it looked kind of small and nondescript. Inside was plain and simple with inexpensive booths plus tables and chairs. Even though there's pictures of Sicily on the walls and an Italian menu, the TV in the restaurant I could view played a Spanish station so that was kinda contradictory. My boyfriend spoke a little Spanish to the waiter but he didn't really warm up. Maybe he was tired since we showed up an hour before closing at 10 pm. A vacuum cleaner by our booth sat there reminding us the restaurant closes at 10 pm. On the other hand as 10 pm neared no one rushed us to pay our bill. The most interesting picture on the wall by our booth was of a cute little boy. Made me wonder was he Leone?

We thought the prices were quite reasonable. We had veal marsala ($12.95) and the seafood platter (~$15). Come hungry, the portions are large. While the food is filling, the quality and taste is only average. My marsala was a little too sweet plus thin and runny compared to other marsala sauces I've had. And I prefer the onions to be sauteed longer and for fresh mushrooms to be used, button, cremini or maybe even a lovely gourmet blend. The veal coating was also too soggy. Veal marsala done the way I prefer has a lighter coating texture and a richer sauce. But the salad with a slice of salami and provolone was a nice touch and the bread was good. My boyfriend enjoyed his seafood platter, especially the fried flounder and the crabcake.

If we're in the area again, we would return to try the pizza. The pizza at the other booth across the restaurant smelled so authentic.

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Located in an old strip mall, this place serves poorly made dishes. The veal scallopini was tough and flavorless. The silverware was cheap and flimsy.

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

We got one pepperoni and one Italian sausage pizza and both were great. Workers were personable and polite while giving you space when you ate. Will definitely be returning for more.

Reviewed 31 December 2016

Went to this place with co-workers. It was family oriented, humble, and authentic. Nothing fancy but good food, friendly staff, and left there fat and happy. I had the baked spaghetti and it was delicious. The prices are fair for the meal you get. I recommend this place.

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

I have been to Leone's several times. Nothing special about the place, but you get a quality meal for a fair price. Also, the food is consistently good. This place has been in Hopewell for a while and has a good local following.