Roseloe Motel(Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
US$89
The Omni Homestead Resort(Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$112
Hotels.com
US$129
Hampton.com
All reviewsthe vinefront porchbed and breakfastwonderful hostsbreakfast was delicioushelped us planupstairs libraryother guestseach morninglocal attractionsmaple festivalwithin walking distancespent nightsa wonderful staythree nightsliving roombath county
Reviewed 16 January 2018

I just returned from a long weekend at the Vine Cottage Inn and I'm absoutely ready to go right back! The Inn is lovely and charming and so interesting! There are many rooms where you can sit and relax or perhaps read or play a game. The owners, Jonah and Jo, make you feel so at home. I had some work I had to get done while I was there so I curled up on the floor in front of one of the fireplaces and worked away. Suddenly Jo was there with a cup of hot tea and a slice of chocolate cake for me. What a delightful way to work! Thank you, Jo! And now that I've mentioned Jo --- the breakfasts she prepared for us were incredible! Hands down the best ever! Then after we were wonderfully stuffed, Jonah helped us plan all sorts of exploring to do. It was a great visit!!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2017

This was my first stay at a bed & breakfast and it might well have spoiled me. The Vine Cottage Inn is a beautiful inn and very well appointed. Though it was too cold, I could imagine some quiet summer evenings in repose on the large porch.

Our room was on the third floor, had a private bath, comfortable king bed, individual heating and was almost tomb quiet at night. The room is supplied with large, soft towels, shampoo, body wash, conditioner, and bar soap. The linens and towels are high quality. Bed coverings are nice and warm. The other rooms are similarly appointed. We didn't hear other guests or the hosts. The smell of breakfast was what awakened me each morning. The inn is beautiful, clean, quiet, and comfortable. If you're looking to be entertained, try the Homestead. If you want a peaceful quiet stay, stay at Vine Cottage.

Jo is a great cook. I'm southern born and raised and with some credibility can say Jo's biscuits are the best. Breakfast was delicious and was individually prepared and served. No chafing-dish powdered eggs and steam-table vegetables here. Just great cooking. Jo bagged our leftovers and we had them for dinner after our return home. Her breakfast is delicious. Simple, tasty, and with a personal touch that comes from much experience preparing food. She's a sweetheart and you'll have a friend to remember when you leave.

We spent a wonderful evening in the parlor conversing with Jo and Jonah (the owners) and a couple of the guests. Jonah had the gas logs going and we enjoyed good conversation with interesting people in a warm, comfortable environ. It's a lovely experience. It reminded me of evenings with my folk.

The inn is within a easy walk of The Homestead and downtown Hot Springs. Sam Snead's Tavern is a short walk and sets a fine table. Make reservations and bring your wallet. The food is very good. Lindsay's Roost Bar and Grill is a short block from Snead's for cheap, but good grub. Lindsay serves a juicy, delicious hamburger. The family provides good, friendly service.

Ask Jonah about the local history, his knowledge of the local lore is encyclopedic and he's a pleasure to talk with. Be sure to visit Falling Spring, Healing Springs, and Warm Springs while you're at the Inn. They're all within a short drive and you'll walk in the footsteps of General Lee, Thomas Jefferson, and John Pierpoint Morgan. Take in the guided history tour of the Homestead, too. It's worth the time.

My first night home, I honestly missed Jo and Jonah. They're hospitable, but not out of their element. Both have plenty of experience in lodging and food service and escaped to share their talents with a smaller clientele. They hit all the right notes.

Room Tip: Third floor is quite a climb.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2017

The Vine Cottage Inn was my first experience with a bed & breakfast and I cannot imaging having a better one. Jo and Jonah are the perfect fit for this amazing old home away from home. Although I had considered the Homestead, my decision to try something different paid off! There is a peaceful quietness that exists in this place and I cannot wait to return for another visit. Did I mention the best homemade biscuits EVER...?

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2017

great rooms, clean everywhere, beautiful decor, delicious food, helpful and friendly hosts and helpers. great proximity to homestead and the little town. about 2 blocks short walk to a playground. about 15 min drive to jefferson pools.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank mirandam00re
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Innkeepers Jo and Jonah could not have been better hosts. Two genuinely warm and friendly people who want their guests to feel at home. And they gave us great information about the history of the area, things to do and places to dine. All that and a fabulous breakfast, too! If you choose, over breakfast you can share tales of the road with other guests around the very large dining room table. We truly wished we could have stayed longer than the two nights we were there!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple