US$90
  • Pool
US$120
Quality Inn Gloucester(Gloucester Courthouse)(Great Value!)
US$82
QualityInn
Hampton Inn Gloucester(Gloucester Courthouse)
US$134
US$70
US$165
US$149
Agoda.com
Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg North(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
US$86
Econo Lodge Pottery(Williamsburg)
US$59
Official Site
All reviewsfrisbee golfnorthern neckresort feeginger alepar golf coursegarden housechesapeake roommain buildingshe crab soupchesapeake baygolden eaglewater viewthe main dining roomcarter's creekturn down servicefire pitsouthern hospitality
Reviewed 4 November 2012

My husband and I were recently married at The Tides Inn and cannot rave enough about the staff, the food, the grounds, just everything. The Tides is an absolutely gorgeous spot with southern charm located on the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay and Rappahannock River. It is the perfect place for couples, families, friends, and people looking to relax.
We had a wedding of approximately 175 guests and the food was absolutely amazing, my guests cannot stop raving about it. We have gotten comments from our friends that our wedding was one of the best and most beautiful weddings they have ever attended. A big reason everything was such a success was due to The Tides. My husband and I did work hard to make our wedding a success but The Tides Inn staff worked even harder. It ended up being better than we imagined, it was perfect. They made us feel as if we were extended family and worked with us to make it a wonderful experience for us and all of our guests.
It is a great wedding spot, the best word to describe it is magical. I hope others can enjoy this resort as much as my husband and I. This place will always hold a special place in my heart, I absolutley love it and highly recommend it to anyone for any special event or if you just want to get away and relax!

Room Tip: The beds are amazing! All the rooms are good. You can bring your dog to the rooms in the garden house and they are all still very nice as well.
2  Thank MeganS673
Tidesgm, General Manager at The Tides Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2012

Thank you Megan. We always have a great time arranging and creating fabulous weddings.
Every wedding is different and reflects the bride and grooms personalities, have a look at our facebook page for pictures and stories of life at the Tides Inn together with a pot pourri of pictures

Megan and John, we look forward to welcoming you back next October to celebrate your anniversary
Best wishes

Reviewed 22 October 2012

The Tides is old Virginia and has the feel of a clubby old I
Inn. Our room had a groung-level patio and a lovely view of the docks. It was decorated in a nice Tommy Bahama style. Bed was comfy, toiletries good quality. Our room had an old-fashioned big box tv i didnt mind, but it's the first I've seen one in a hotel room for years. The drawbacks: Service, while very friendly, is very hit or miss. The lovely young woman taking reservations for dinner seemed confused, and the dining room ended up without a reservation for us. The pool staff seemed to be shutting down before the posted time. At turndown service they supply your room with bottles of ginger ale and a tub of ice. But we missed turndown service one night, so we were out of luck. They have no ice machines available to guests. That actually was a big deal to us, as we were taking an off-site sailing class and needed to keep lunch chilled. They told us to ask for ice at the dining room, but they acted as if this was an unusual request. Also, bellman service was not offered at check-in or check-out. It was still a very nice weekend, but they have a little work to do.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your observations. Every guest is another pair of eyes and I truly appreciate constructive feedback. Your comments have helped us to get back to being the best that we can be.
Best regards.

Reviewed 16 October 2012

Anniversary time for me and my hubby means finding someplace to go for a nice relaxing overnight. This year we chose the Tides Inn. My husband flies a small plane so it was an easy flight to Hummel Airport and then a shuttle from the Inn picked us up for a small fee. The Inn is lovely and cozy. Lots to do if you choose to or just unwind on balcony of premier King room. We stayed in the Winsdsor section. I would highly recommend this building. We had beautiful room, bathroom and balcony overlooking water. We sat at bar while waiting to check in. This was great, had drinks and appetizers. Very good. We like to pack a picnic so did not eat in dining room for dinner. Did eat there for breakfast where they had buffet with the everything you can think of. After breakfast we rode the bikes, which are complimentary, Also available are canoes, kayacks and many other activities. Really enjoyed everything. They have a really nice pool area if you were to go when the weather permits. The grounds are well kept and beautiful. Of course it helped that the weather was picture perfect! We would return again sometime in the future.

1  Thank debbiem17
Reviewed 13 October 2012

The Tides Inn's staff is very friendly; oddly, the only staff that we did not find to be friendly were the hostesses in the restaurant - where we ate breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The food is on the heavy side. The physical hotel is pretty dated and plain- very "dark." The beds were great though and I appreciated the Frette linens. Hanging a "Do Not Disturb" tag on the hotel door does nothing to quiet the housekeeping staff, who raised a ruckus all morning long as they cleaned other rooms on the floor. Loved the ability to just take the bikes and ride into town. I was surprised at how small the town is - I thought it would be more akin to St. Michael's in Maryland. There are only two restaurants in Irvington and maybe three shops, including a clothing shop and furniture/decorations shop. We liked stopping by the Saturday morning farmers' market in town.

Reviewed 29 September 2012

My husband and I planned a weekend getaway and this was our first time going here. After looking at the website and the gorgeous pictures, we couldn't pass it up. Upon seeing the website, we saw this was a "pet friendly" resort, which was very exciting because we were going to bring our small dog! When we arrived, we were very dissappointed. Our room was accessed from the outside and had a "musty" smell and very outdated. We were very shocked how humid it was inside the room. When the A/C kicked on, it was VERY cold with air blowing directly on you. The rooms were way too small, so it was either too cold or too hot. When we looked at the bed, it almost looked as if someone had been laying on it already and there was dog hair on the "clean" sheets. After we settled in, we found ourselves very uncomfortable and just plain dissappointed especially for what we paid. The website's pictures are very deceiving and there is nothing "luxurious" about this resort. Long story short, we ended up leaving that night and do not plan returning.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank almslm29

It is always sad when someone does not like the Tides but to rate it so low on the basis of "not what one expected" is perhaps not what Trip Advisor was intended for.
Many of our rooms do have external access and this is a perfect scenario particularly for our pet friendly rooms which all have balconies and fabulous water views.
I think the humidity probably came from having patio doors open and the AC on full, that will cause a lot of condensation.
I am sorry for your dissapointment.