“Best Mexican buffet north of Mexico”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Del Rio Mexican Restaurant & Comedy Club
Ranked #41 of 225 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Everything is made from scratch and it all tastes great. The sauces, especially the chipotle sauce, is out of this world. I've read other reviews that have had less favorable comments and it's left me scratching my head. I'm hear to say I've never had a bad meal in over 30 trips and I highly recommend this place. Come hungry and enjoy lunch!!

Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

We've lived in Leesburg for 4 years and we've always talked about trying Del Rio's, and we finally had the opportunity. The food was good, but not great. I had the lunch buffet and my wife had shrimp tacos. The buffet was a very good value for your money and the food was fresh and hot. They served free chips and salsa and were very proactive on replenishing our drinks and chips.

The interior is very dated and they could use an overhaul or redecoration, but overall the experience was decent. We're not sure we'll revisit anytime soon, but only because the atmosphere needs some sprucing up.

Reviewed 22 February 2017

We were very happy with everything while dining at Del Rio about 2 pm last Saturday. The food was made fresh and very delicious. They also serve Pepsi products which is a perk for a Mexican restaurant. The server was very polite and even described meals for us to assist with our ordering. We will go back!

Reviewed 28 December 2016

We came here recently trying to find a new reliable place for Mexican food, and we were surprised by the quality of the food here. Though the chips and salsa are somewhat plain by themselves, adding in the habenero sauce to the salsa makes things very good. The nachos were full of delicious content, and the different combination entrees were great too. What keeps this place from getting a higher rating is the questionable service as some of my mom's leftovers seemed to have disappeared when she asked them to put it into a container. Furthermore, it seemed like the staff was more interested in watching football than keeping an eye on the customers since I go up and ask our server for a refill on chips and salsa after waiting a while. Still, this place is a very good choice for Mexican food despite somewhat high prices.

Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

I eat out at least 4 to 6 times a week for work and I have lived in Leesburg for 16 years. When I first moved here in 2000 I tried this place a couple times and didn't really care for it. 15 years later they were the only place open on Christmas for dinner so I took my family of five there. Again I was disappointed. All the food is extremely bland right down to the salsa and chips they give you for free. Their Gold Margarita was even lacking. Just don't understand how you screw up Mexican food? If you want to experience it come here. Even my kids commented on how bad the food was. Much prefer the food, service and prices of dos tequilas or Los Tios in town. Even the service at these other restaurants is better.

1  Thank musicwaveman