Shenandoah Crossing(Gordonsville)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
US$99
US$89
ComfortInn
The Inn at Willow Grove(Orange)
US$265
The Clifton(Charlottesville)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$215
US$172
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$191/night.

Comfort Inn Monticello(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
US$98
ComfortInn
Hilton Garden Inn Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$139
GardenInn.com
TripAdvisor
  • Free Breakfast
Loyalty Inn(Louisa)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshistoric virginiaprivate bathfront porchyogurtstayed herecharlottesvilleaccommodationssuiteproperty
Reviewed 6 June 2017

I had the pleasure of staying at The Boxley Place Inn the weekend of June 3rd . It is a beautiful Bed and Breakfast in Louisa (it’s a Historic Virginia Landmark) and the pictures on this website show how beautiful the property is, and they are an accurate example of all the space I was shown on my tour when I arrived. The outside grounds and gardens are well cared for and there are many places to sit outside and relax, including a big front porch and a nice deck on the backside of the property. Inside there are several areas for guests to use with amply sofa’s and wing chairs for reading and relaxing. There is a large flat screen television in the larger parlor. The dining room where breakfast is served has elegant antiques and a beautiful chandelier.
When I arrived the owner was onsite and gave me a wonderful tour of the entire property and pointed out all the history of the home, be sure if you go to look at all the photos showing the history of the property and the family members who have lived there. Later in the day, one of the Innkeepers (Dorothy) was there to greet other guests as they arrived and she gave them an excellent tour as well. Dorothy was also there to have a wonderful breakfast laid out the next morning. The table was set with beautiful china and crystal and the selection was wonderful. You could choose from many cold cereals, yogurt, bagels, assorted muffins, bread, hard boiled eggs, meat and cheese, many choices of fresh fruit and juices and the most wonderful quiche from a local bakery. The day I was there they had three different types to choose from. The coffee was from a local coffee roaster and they had a wonderful selection of teas and hot chocolate. There was also a small refrigerator that had water and juice available all the time and you could also make coffee in the evening.
I stayed on the first floor in “Ethel’s Suite” and it was a beautiful large room with a very comfortable queen size bed, wing chairs, a small flat screen television (they have Wi-Fi and cable available) and it had an updated private bath. They had everything you would need, hair dryer, disposable razors, nice shampoo and lotions and more towels then you would need if four guests were staying in the room. It was very quiet and even with guests above me, I didn’t hear anything during the night. The Inn is also pet friendly for small, well behaved guests with the owner’s permission, and my small dog had a wonderful visit. He didn’t want to go home.
This is a perfect spot to go exploring all the near-by winery’s, attractions near Charlottesville (Monticello) and the charming town of Louisa. It is a short walk to town and they have some interesting shops and good places to eat.
I hope to go back for another relaxing weekend later this summer.

Room Tip: All rooms are equally beautiful.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Boxley_Place_Inn, Owner at Boxley Place Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

Wow! Thank you so much! Your attention to detail and eloquence is awesome. We are glad you noticed so many things and wrote such a fabulous review. Thanks and more thanks. See you soon!

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed three nights and enjoyed the elegant inn and breakfast service. All top drawer!! Clean, well appointed and friendly. Our room was Ethel's Suite. It was spacious and I dare anyone to have a need that was not already anticipated.
We hope to have a reason to return.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Boxley_Place_Inn, Owner at Boxley Place Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Thanks so much for your articulate review! We really really really appreciate it! :)

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

This was a magical weekend getaway and excellent place to stay for our visit to Jefferson's Monticello and the city of Charlottesville. There's civil war history here too. Originally, we were going to stay one night but we stayed two nights and we weren't disappointed. The features and accommodations provided by the owner and staff of this historical civil war era home were over the top. The home is kept up and furnished to the time period. The price for our stay was also very reasonable and we plan to return.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark N
Boxley_Place_Inn, Owner at Boxley Place Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2017

Thanks Mark! What a fabulous and descriptive review. A thousand thanks. Hopetop see you soon.

Breese Glennon
Property Owner

Reviewed 23 November 2016

Wow! My husband and I have stayed at over 25 B&B's over the last quarter century. The Boxley Place Inn is one of the nicest we have ever had the pleasure of visiting. A truly lovely home with charm, history and comfort. The hostess, Kim was simply divine. She couldn't have made us more comfortable and welcome. She really knows her stuff as everything was perfect and shipshape. The bed was so comfortable that after the first night's stay I took the bedding apart in search of the mattress brand. All the appointments were lovely and tasteful. The breakfast was delicious. A well made selection of quiche, muffins, fresh fruit, juices, cereals, yogurts etc.. We had a family & friends event nearby and took over all the rooms at The Boxley Place Inn and we all concur....it's a top notch B&B

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank patricia w
Reviewed 24 October 2016

We stayed at the Boxley to attend a wedding on 10/22/16... I must say, it was a very nice home like-experience. Very clean and well kept. If it wasn't so pricey, we would certainly consider staying again. There is Continental breakfast, however, not much to chose from...there where 4 of us... thereby 1 slice of quiche each, so again for the price there should be greater selection and quantity.

Room Tip: View photo's to pick your room... all rooms are nice, but pricey
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa M
Boxley_Place_Inn, Owner at Boxley Place Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2016

Lisa...thanks so much for your review! I am really interested in input on all aspects of the Inn. I have been thinking about the breakfast issue. Can you give me an idea of what else would enhance our continental style breakfast? We have discussed hard boiled eggs....and obviously we did not have the right quantity of the quiche! I apologize. We had short notice guests and only ordered one....but I see your point and we have a plan for this situation in the future. We are sending you 2 $25 gift certificates for use anytime you want. Please come again!

Breese Glennon