“Don't let the outside fool you”
Review of Kirkley Hotel

Kirkley Hotel
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Lynchburg
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

We were in town for family weekend at Liberty U. I had stayed here before and the initial look on the outside is a bit deceiving. The rooms are nice size and beds are comfortable. The personal touch of a note and treats was welcome. I like how the soap and lotion are in dispenser. The people are very nice. We ate breakfast and it was fast and good. The ability to grab a drink in the evening was nice. We haven't eaten dinner but it's a nice atmosphere and those dining seemed to be enjoying it.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Kirkley H, General Manager at Kirkley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Thanks for all the kind words. Our entire staff works very hard to make sure all our guests feel welcome and at home, we're all glad your daughter felt better. We are tackling our last phases of renovations that include our outdoor spaces with new planting beds and gardens, new pavers and portico area and so much more! Hope to see you guys again!

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

I was here visiting Liberty University for a week and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Nice clean facility, great breakfast, and friendly staff. This is a great hotel and if I'm in the area again, I'll definitely be coming here!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Kirkley H, General Manager at Kirkley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Glad you appreciate all we have to offer, from the little "boutique" touches and services to all the amenities - we just feel the same way! We've got a great bunch of staff and always great to hear their hard work is appreciated as well! Thanks again for the terrific review and we like to think you're one of our terrific guests too, see you soon!

Reviewed 22 October 2017

I stayed on 10/20 and was probably the worst hotel experinece in my life. Air conditioner sounded like it was going to explode, noise in the hallway was terrible. Got about 3 hours of sleep for a high price. I would recommend avoiding this place and find another hotel in Lynchburg.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank timothyfdean
Kirkley H, General Manager at Kirkley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

We are truly sorry for your experience with us. Please be assured that we will follow up and share this with all our staff members. We always strive to provide the best possible guest experience but we obviously fell short that day. I will try to reach out to you to discuss your stay and possibly invite you back to give you the quality experience we have become known for.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here fairly recently in September of 2017. We had stayed here before for my graduation from Liberty University in 2015. It was a much better experience in 2015 than in 2017. We did book late this time around. The staff was exceptional as always, but we found the beds to be very uncomfortable.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Kirkley H, General Manager at Kirkley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

I must apologize for all the missteps you had incurred during your stay and the beds. We will review all your comments and share them with our staff. I will reach out to you soon and we can discuss them further and hopefully get you back in for the experience you have become accustom to. Thanks

Reviewed 15 October 2017

The room was large, but that was the only redeeming feature. Bathroom was tiny, toilet paper was positioned so you almost couldn't reach it. No cover sheet on bed, only duvet, so either freezing or hot. Shower mat was fake stones and uncomfortable on feet.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gstutn91
Kirkley H, General Manager at Kirkley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

We know that the Trip Advisor Forum is for everyone to express their honest opinions of the businesses they frequent. We encourage our guests to post candid comments about their stay with us. We are truly sorry for your experience with us. Please be assured that we will follow up and share this with all our staff members. We always strive to provide the best possible guest experience but we obviously fell short that day. We would like to make it up to you by offering you a complimentary night's stay with dinner for two at the Great Room Restaurant. I would greatly appreciate you contacting me at gm@kirkleyhotel.com to give us the opportunity to set things right and show that we truly care about our guests.