“Dropping daughter off to college ”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

The place is decent, friendly and helpful stuff, good breakfast, good price. They could improve on the cleanliness of the rooms and keep up with clogged bath tubs. But would stay again if I need to. Is near everything in town. Good affordable place to stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Jeff P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your 3 star review!

I am the new general manager here and am pleased your stay went well. I will be sharing your comments with my team and thank you for your suggestions. I'm sure I speak for my entire team saying, we all look forward in your return someday, so we may have the opportunity in turning your 3 star stay into a 5 Star Experience.

J. Powell - GM

Reviewed 25 July 2017

We stayed at this Quality Inn during an open house visit to Liberty University. I was quite surprised how clean and nice it was. Our room was very clean and very comfortable. I have a bad back so sleeping in hotel rooms in general usually hurt me, but the mattress was very comfortable and I did not wake up in pain. The area was quiet and I felt very safe. We had breakfast the next morning and it was very good. I am gluten free so I'm always happy to see eggs and sausage on a breakfast bar. We will stay here again during our next visit.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Jeff P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your 5 Star Review!!!

I was excited to read how you enjoyed your stay here at the Quality Inn Lynchburg. We strive to provide our guest a 5 star experience and the atmosphere of coming home, so as I read reviews such as yours you can see why this excites me. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team and I'm sure they'll all be happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us. We all look for forward in your return someday and will do our very best to continue to provide you with a 5 Star Experience.

J. Powell - GM

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

The costumer service was great ! The people were nice . But I will never stay there again . It was like sleeping in a fraternity house. Music and TVs turned up loud and people opening and closing doors until 2 am .

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John H
Reviewed 14 May 2017

We booked this hotel when everything else was full for LU graduation. I was worried. But when I entered my room, my attitude changed. It was --an "inside" room-- nicely decorated and very clean and spacious. Front desk staff is really friendly. But my colleague's room had a smell. Mustiness. His room opened directly to the outside. So, on the rooms, definitely reserve an inside room. Centrally located to business areas with restaurants and LU. The free breakfast is minimal -- could you have one cereal that's not sugary and one yogurt that is plain or vanilla and maybe peanut butter amidst all the jellies and regular oatmeal mix instead of with sugar added? Oh, and management, please don't forget about me again and not clean in the AM. Bummer that you have to go outside to get to the fitness room, no matter where you room is. Overall, tho, they are really trying. And I give them credit for that. Bottom line, not the disappointment I expected for the lower price.

Room Tip: Inside rooms are much better -- first floor will have occasional car noise from the ground level wi...
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 February 2017

Check in took some time. There seemed to be some problems with the guest ahead of us, but even after I went to the desk check in seemed to take longer than normal. OTOH, our room was very convenient - #105 - reminding me of my old favorite artillery piece! However, there seemed to be no exhaust fan in the bath room and, in addition, the room phone was not working. The clerk came and fixed it but I have no idea what was wrong. In addition this property still not only uses a password to get onto the internet, but they change the code every Sunday! I was shocked Sunday morning when I could not get on line, Breakfast was satisfactory, but there was only one waffle iron. While there were those strange egg paddies, there was sausage gravy, which was good, but no sausage or bacon. All this said, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
QualityLynchburg, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2017

Dear GrandpaGene,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience at check in and with your room telephone. It is important to us that our hotel guests are connected to a secured network. The Internet login process of a new password each week allows us to limit access to others who are not guests at our hotel. We appreciate feedback when things aren't right so we can make efforts to improve in those areas.

Overall, I'm glad you had a good stay. We hope to see you again in the future.