“Average Hotel, Clean Staff Pleasant”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lynchburg
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Overall average hotel, breakfast was alright - needs two coffee pots for regular and additional waffle maker. Design layout of lobby with breakfast area could have been better thought out. Cool when eating breakfast with door constantly opening to outside. The beds are extra firm - room was clean. It was our second time to stay - at this location. We wish we would have stayed at Hilton Garden Inn down the road. Much more comfortable!! Also preference an indoor pool. Bonus is you can go in back way to LU!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 February 2012

I stayed here the night before my nursing state boards. Didn't want to travel too far early in the morning before such a big test. I reserved a room on the back side since some of the other reviews said the front got a lot of road noise. The woman that checked me in laughed a little and asked if I had stayed here before. I told her I had read it in a review and she said they got me a great room. She was right. The room was clean and just the right temperature. My only complaint is that I got a room on the top floor, the last plane came into the airport that night at about 11:00pm. Not great, but it was okay. It was a good nights rest, and not that it has any effect on the room, but I passed the test!!!

Room Tip: Room on the back, not top floor.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Beigedawg
Reviewed 30 January 2012

They provide everything that makes a nice hotel experience. The rooms are clean, very comfortable and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I was very impressed with this hotel. The staff were very helpful and the rooms were large and comfortable. I was able to fall asleep easily and the noise level was minimal. The only issue is that they do not offer a shuttle to the airport. However, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 December 2011

My fiance and I just stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. It was perfect. We were visiting family nearby in Bedford which is about 18min drive away. Really easy ride. It was so close to tons of restaurants, the mall, and other attractions. Served a decent breakfast with sausage, eggs, and waffles, yogurt, and juice. Internet was free and worked extremley well. Bed was very comfortable. I was able to get an excellent nights rest after a long day of traveling. The tv is large which is always a plus. Service staff was very nice and meet all of our needs. Parking is free. Overall great stay would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple