“Love the food and atmosphere!”

The Ploughcroft Tea Room
Ranked #5 of 340 Restaurants in Lynchburg
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: Scottish, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Located in downtown Lynchburg, VA, this exceptional, authentic British tea room offers both lunch and afternoon tea. Open from Monday - Saturday from 11 AM - 5 PM. Now open on Sunday's for Brunch from 11 AM - 2 PM. Reservations highly recommended
Reviewed 17 June 2017

I've been going to the Ploughcroft for years, and never had anything there that I didn't like. I've been there for parties and lunches and afternoon teas, and I'm always thrilled every time I come by the decor, atmosphere, friendly service, and food. The Victorian Tea for two includes delicious scones, clotted cream, AMAZING tea sandwiches, and little desserts. I've had the Darjeeling and Ginger Peach tea, and they're both phenomenal. The curried chicken salad, both on the finger sandwiches and on a bed of greens and fruit with a cheddar scone for lunch is TO DIE FOR. I don't even love curried chicken, but I LOVE that chicken salad. The luncheon chicken salad with cranberries and apples is good as well, the savory and sweet scones are both excellent, and I've also enjoyed the Cottage Pie and Onion and Cheese Tart. My next goal is to try the Pasty. The service isn't the fastest ever, but the whole point of tea is to take your time and relax, so I feel that's appropriate, and the servers ARE some of the friendliest I've ever encountered. The delightful owner is legitimately British with a charming accent, and the decor is utterly lovely and country-antique. I love it that all the teacups and teapots are different from each other. Once when I took my sister and brother-in-law here for lunch, the food provider was a little late in making the delivery, so we were asked if it was "okay" for us to be provided with free, hot fresh scones and cream--fabulous!! This is my favorite place to eat in the whole city.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Belated Mother's Day luncheon. Took 5 yr old granddaughter with us and she loved it! Had her hot chocolate in mug, but put in tea cup! We all tried each other's tea: Earl Grey, Leprechaun Legs and Deejarling. The onion and cheese tart is my favorite! My step-daughter lived the savory chicken and mushroom pie. Hailey had a butterfly shaped pb&j and my other step-daughter tried the finger sandwiches, but not quite to her liking. Can't wait to bring their grandmother, from England, the next time we come! <3

Reviewed 17 April 2017

This was a good choice for visiting mother-in-laws. They enjoyed it and the food was all good. We liked the shepard's pie especially.

Reviewed 18 February 2017

The food is very good, but go when have plenty o f time. It's not necessarily fast, but I guess when you're sipping tea, it's suppose to be a relaxed atmosphere. It was a great girlie place.

Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

Were here as a family (of 5) to enjoy some afternoon tea. We had reservations but still had to wait a little while because the tables had not been cleaned off. Not sure if they were understaffed that day or just hectic. Once we got to our table and ordered we had a very nice time. Staff was adequately friendly but not what I would call personable. If in the neighborhood and the mood struck us again we would go back.

1  Thank hapycamperz