“Excellent & Superb”

Craddock Terry Hotel
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Lynchburg
Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

This was my first time here and I was very pleased with everything. The frint desk staff was excellent. The room was clean and they even provided turn down service, free breakfast, and excellent room service. On my next four visits to Lynchburg this is my hotel.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Frank J
CTHotelDirector, General Manager at Craddock Terry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Thank you for posting a review to share with others. We're so happy to hear you found your home-away-from home while visiting Lynchburg! Until next time, safe travels!

Reviewed 9 January 2018

I've stayed at the hotel a couple of times over the past 3 yrs for business. This time, I brought my husband for our anniversary wkd getaway after raving about my previous experiences here. We were not disappointed with our stay at all! He enjoyed it too and agreed highly with my experiences at Craddock Terry.

Have no complaints at all about the staff - very polite, our lovely kingsize deluxe room, the hotel, continental breakfast delivered to our room and daily afternoon/evening treats in the main lobby. The only complaint I would list was the view outside our room as we faced what appeared to be a somewhat junked grain silo. However, if we kept in mind the fact that we are in the heart of historic downtown Lynchburg, it is very fitting for the ambience of the city.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Awww, thank you so much, happy anniversary! We appreciate you choosing Craddock Terry as a place to help you celebrate - you're not the first to bring a spouse back for a little relaxing getaway after finding our gem of a boutique due to work. It's also wonderful of you to give appreciation for the work in progress of downtown Lynchburg. Hopefully those defunct grain silos you saw will soon have new life again as so much downtown has been rekindled. Best wishes!

Reviewed 26 December 2017

The hotel's scheme is somewhat interesting--although ultimately a little sterile--and there is a hotel dog, so that's a plus. Our stay, unfortunately, was disturbed each night by other guests. Were we unlucky? Or is there insufficient sound-proofing? I don't know. The first night we got to listen to TV (could hear it crystal clear and follow story lines, this was not muffled noise) all night thanks to a guest in a room upstairs. The second night there was a party in a room down the hall that lasted until four in the morning; after that party dispersed, two of the guests had a, um, afterparty of their own, if you know what I mean. My calls to the front desk didn't quiet things down on either night. We were warned about the noise from trains rolling through town in the early morning hours but that wasn't an issue at all--I couldn't hear them over the din of the other guests.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeffrey K

Jeffrey, I am so disappointed that you let our front desk staff know and we were unable to alleviate the situation. This was simply not at all acceptable, and has been addressed with staff. While we do have some rooms in close proximity to restaurant activity, which can create a buzz on a hopping night, it is uncommon to have guests hearing each other like that.

I'm also quite surprised you felt Craddock Terry to be a little sterile, as most describe our property to be warm, welcoming and homey. I truly apologize, and hope you will consider honoring us a second chance should you return to the area. My name is Todd Swindell, please ask for me and I'll be happy to personally make your arrangements.

Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

My spouse and I stay here every chance we get. I booked a date through their Cyber Monday deal and had no idea of what a great deal I was getting. I have never been disappointed with a stay here but this one topped them all. Our room was a king suite and it was absolutely beautiful! It always is so clean, smells wonderful, and is so comfy. The staff are always courteous and helpful. I am looking forward to another visit.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

That's wonderful! Oh yes, Cyber Monday is always a great time to snag a deal. We run random specials from time to time as well, so keep an eye out for our occasional emails. We're so glad to hear you have a great time with us and hope you find an "excuse" to visit real soon. Cheers!

Reviewed 9 December 2017

I have stayed at this hotel before, arranged by my client in Lynchburg. It is such a great concept, and the physical space is innovative and beautiful. I just wished I liked it better! Renovated creatively from an old shoe factory, the hotel's rooms are large with very high ceilings, big beams and exposed brick. It really is lovely. The bed is very comfortable, and I got a good night's sleep. So, what's not to like? There are certain creature comforts that are important to me, and are lacking here (they were similar during my last stay here): the lighting in the room (including the bathroom) is dull and low. It is even hard to see to shave in the bath mirror; the breakfast, while cleverly delivered in a shoe box, is not what I would eat (a muffin, some yogurt, a banana, and some orange juice)--when I am working 12 hour days, breakfast is often my only good meal, and this doesn't work for me; finally, the shower, while beautiful, has hardly any water pressure, and it takes a long time to rinse. Again, this hotel has so much to offer, and these downsides are easily fixable. I wish management would do that.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Ralph D

Ralph D, thank you for your suggestions for the betterment of Craddock Terry, we certainly want you to like it better too! I wish I could meet you personally and discuss more, I wasn't able to pinpoint your reservation to reach out. I would like to address your comments, absolutely noted.

First, lighting is an issue we are aware is dim for some, and we are working to resolve. We do have backlit makeup/vanity mirrors to help. And, we've actually tested a couple different fixtures now, whittled it down, and are looking for just the right bulb-type to literally shed a new light on things. Next, I can appreciate that our breakfast offering may not have suited your personal tastes. Generally a property of our styling does not provide a complimentary breakfast, but as you mentioned, is a unique opportunity to provide a delivered service for our guests which really differentiates us, and is generally a big hit with our clientele. Those more familiar with chain hotels may find it a little light, however, we do have Downtown spots within walking distance that offer up full hardy breakfasts for those looking for a bit more. Lastly, sounds like you've been the unlucky recipient of a clogged showerhead, which does happen from time to time. While we do have a historic building with unique characteristics, low water pressure is generally not one of them.

If you have business again in Lynchburg, I'd love to welcome you personally. Please contact the Hotel and ask for me directly, my name is Todd Swindell, I'll be happy to make your arrangements and get you acquainted with the best pancakes in town!