See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 December 2016

You can definitely tell that they are under new management. The rooms were recently remodeled and very clean. Francine was amazing and very helpful. They updated the cable while we were here and the manager came up immediately and helped us with it upon our request.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2016

Hotel was clean and comfortable. The staff at hotel property were very friendly and professional. One of the best Super 8 hotels that I have stayed in. If you are looking for a clean budget hotel and are not expecting all of the bells and whistles, then consider this location for your stay.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed 23 October 2016

Don't expect much! The room was "clean" for an older motel, but that's about the only good point! The smoke detector was missing (just some wires hanging from the ceiling), one of the light fixtures had no light bulb in it, the window screen was bent and let in a bunch of bugs, the toilet seat was loose, the bathtub drained really slow when showering, the "pillows" were very flat, and half the TV channels that were listed didn't come in clear, and when I checked out they weren't able to print me a receipt for my charges! If I need to come back for business I will be staying somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
super8martinsville, Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Martinsville VA, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2016

Sorry to hear about your experience. We are Under new management and under renovations. Next week we have Comcast coming with more new HD channels. we just installed a new TVs. we are installing new smoke detectors and fixing the whole hotel by next year, you will have new image for this hotel. thanks for stopping by, see you soon.
Manager at super8 Martinsville

Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

I initially was weary of staying here based on the reviews. However, when I arrived I was notified that the motel was under new management. I needed a room for my disabled grandma and the man at the front desk helped me with getting settled and provided me with everything I requested. The motel is decent and the new management seems to be renovating rooms. However, I would recommend paying when you get there because I had made a reservation online through Expedia and the reservation hadn't gone through. There is some disconnect between them and the motel. However, the manager assured me that this would be fixed soon enough. I would reccomend this place to other families. Thank you for making our stay smooth and memorable.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Thanks for stay and approach, we appreciated it. We enjoyed the guest like you, Please come back again and enjoy.

Reviewed 27 September 2016

Even though the details about this hotel sounded lovely AND I called ahead to make sure our reservation was there, I was told we did not have a reservation and was made to pay cash. Now since this was a trip for my family reunion and I currently go to school online, I required WIFI. The response I received was that I would have to wait for someone to get off of the phone to try to use it; which would be in about 4hours. In addition, their "continental" breakfast consists of cereal and bagels. Next, they charged my visa card twice where they claimed wasn't a reservation on and it took them 2 weeks to put the money back as well as the overdraft fees I received because of it. The manager asked me to write a memorable review since he did give me a refund since I was not staying there and was going to a be hotel. Never again SUPER 8!!!!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family