“Berlin Konnektion ”

Cuisines: European, Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 January 2016 via mobile

The poorest managment i've expierienced in my whole life!

The Bartenders are very unpolied, they even tried to serve water shots instead of ruhm to us, BAD BAD BAD !
A tourist trap!!!

The food we ordered arrived cold the quality of the beef was bad and overcooked and the portion was smaller as in the menu ;(

way overpriced!!!!
Really not worth it!!!

Reviewed 1 November 2015 via mobile

Went there with friends and family on Saturday 31st October to watch the World Cup final and we were all very disappointed in the customer service provided on that night. The table was booked a week in advance for us to have dinner and enjoy the match and chit chat.
On our arrival we were shown our table, we ordered drinks which arrived in no time. However after that there were no waiters/ waitress to be seen at our table to take our food order. We physically had to get off our seats and pick a menu from the bar. The waitress herself had seen us take the menus and rushed to us to tell my sister in law in a very offending way "the menu is in English"
It took a good hour and a lot of complaining before we could all sit down and enjoy the delicious food. Miss Leclezio who i understand is one of the managers ( as she did not introduce herself) came across as very rude and did not handle our complaint very well... It gets worse... She even threatened that she'd sue my brother if he was to mention her name on TripAdvisor. I wonder how she managed to get a job in the restaurant trade/service industry with such rudeness... She needs reminding that CUSTOMER IS KING.
Frederic Berger who is also one of the managers at Big Willy's apologised about the issue and handled the complaint really well, thank you Mr. Berger.
Mr Gopal, another manager has been an excellent listener and has taken the complaints on board so that the same mistakes are not repeated for future visitors.
On the positive side, the food is excellent, compliments to the chef. Will definitely go back to Big Willy's but i expect to get for what i pay for... Unfortunately, for the time being, time management and customer care need major improvement.

Reviewed 31 October 2015 via mobile

This is what's amazing about the Big Willy's of Tamarin... the food is excellent but the service so bad. Even when you've booked a table of 20 for the rugby world cup final a week in advance they just can't get it right.
Mr Oumesh (the person in charge of the booking and probably head waiter) called at around 4pm to confirm the booking for 19h. We arrived at 19h20 and started with a few beers. It was only after another 20 mins that we had to take the menu from the bar as none was offered by the waiter and waitress (no greetings from them neither btw)... with a comment from the waitress... "it's in english" as if because we're Mauritians we couldn't read English.
We finally ordered at 20h15, i.e. when the server decided to come back to our table. Even though I pointed out to Mr Oumesh that we were not properly taken care of there was no change in the bad service at that point.
At 21h I had to leave the table and go to complain again to Mr Oumesh about our food still not being served after 45 mins while people having ordered after us had already been served their food.
Only then did a lady, whom I later understood was the manager (as she did not even introduce herself) came to ask whether there was something wrong. Only then was the food served.
After a few mins when I asked the lady ( Miss Leclezio) her name for the review she asked what for and when I told her it was for my Trip Advisor review she threatened that I have to delete it else she would sue me.
Where are we going as customers? Where are our rights? Where is the service we are paying for? Very disappointing indeed... even more coming from a restaurant manager!
Still it is worth admitting that Mr Frederic, owner/ director (I think) has been a gentleman in handling the situation when he was informed of it. He even proposed a commercial compensation for the gaps in the service and management downfalls. In the same spirit, Mr Gopal, the other manager has shown an irreproachable calmness and resilience. Excellent customer orientation Mr Gopal.
I am still of the opinion that Big Willy's is a nice place to chill out and have a great meal. Should it address its customer service and management issues, it would have been a great place.

1  Thank Fabrice B
Reviewed 23 October 2015

Very tiered after be on the beach - looking for an restaurant arround the corner. We found big willys - because of his trip advisors feedbags. And it was so much better as we expected. Friendly waitress, life music ***sweet ladies is there name*** cool place but the best was the food, ok it is a bit more expensive-but it's worth the money. I recommend the unbelievable Fusilli with smoked marlin, everything else was very delicious too, burger, gambas, desserts. We have to come again. Very nice evening - highly recommended.

Manuela&Armin

Reviewed 17 October 2015 via mobile

I always come here to watch big sports matches, the atmosphere is fun and light hearted. Food is good and the crowd is great. It turns into a bit of a party after a certain hour and is really great to see the ease of transition from family restaurant to nightclub. Great place.

1  Thank Rishev C