“Great school, great teacher, great homestay”

Casa Nica Spanish School
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Casa Nica Spanish, your Spanish language school in Granada, Nicaragua. We are a cooperative of women that has been teaching Spanish since 1998. We tailor Spanish classes according to your skill level and interests, and we make sure that you have a lot of fun while meeting people and getting to know our community through fabulous afternoon activities. We can also provide home-stay accomodations which will further enhance your learning experience while giving you the opportunity to make friends with a local family. And, if you are interested volunteering, we can connect you with our favorite local organizations that do amazing things to improve our community.
Reviewed 31 March 2017

Really recommend casa nica to anyone wanting to improve their Spanish. We did a week of lessons, two of us sharing one teacher, and really learnt a lot. Our teacher - Bosco - was so friendly, patient and helpful. We also did a homestay, organised through the school, with a lovely family just a few doors down from casa nica, very close to the centre of Granada.

1  Thank Tara C
in 10 reviews
"stories"
"activity"

Reviewed 13 February 2017

I participated in this school and homestay for one week. It was one of the best experiences in Nicaragua. I stayed with Vanessa and her family and they accommodated my vegetarian diet. I did 4 hours of private lessons and 4 hours of an activity per day. The staff was very professional and knowledgeable with Spanish lessons and Nicaraguan culture and history. It was my first week traveling alone and it provided me with the structure and confidence I needed to travel Nicaragua for a month. I highly recommend this homestay and Spanish school.

2  Thank Erin W
Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

We stayed at the casa Nica language school for 2 weeks including homestay. We really liked our teacher, she was very professional, friendly and we had fun together ( we did 2-on-1 lessons). The homestay was great, perfect food and when I was sick they took really good care of me. The cultural activities we did with the school in the afternoon were a lot of fun, the teachers that went with us knew a lot. We can definitely recommend this language school, everything is possible, they are very flexible.

Reviewed 11 October 2016

I had a one week homestay at Casa Nica.
It went very well. My instructor was Marlon who was very good. He was patient and corrected me when I needed it.... which was fantastic.
I would definitely recommend this Spanish School.
The activities were a great experience too.
Regarding the homestay, like other posts, it was not very clean. The family was lovely, but they really need to step up and clean the room that they are offering to visitors.

See more reviews
Reviewed 13 September 2016

Spent two productive and enjoyable weeks studying with Casa Nica in Granada! The colonial building contributes to the feeling of being in Granada and all the staff and teachers were warm and welcoming. My teacher was knowledgable and able to pinpoint specific needs of my intermediate Spanish, without making me trudge through grammatical lectures. The friendly atmosphere, made it easy to get to know the other teachers and students as well. I did the homestay option and although did not originally sign up for the afternoon activities, ended up doing those as well. The activities were a great way to get out of town and learn the various bus routes for later individual exploration. They made fresh, real, coffee every morning, which is a real treat after all the instant coffee the locals drink, and water is provided as well. There are lots of schools in Granda as I am sure you have noticed. I can't vouch for the others, but can recommend Casa Nica highly!

1  Thank CharlieOrlando