“Highly recommend ”

Casa Nica Spanish School
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Casa Nica Spanish, your Spanish language school in Granada, Nicaragua. We are a cooperative of women that has been teaching Spanish since 1998. We tailor Spanish classes according to your skill level and interests, and we make sure that you have a lot of fun while meeting people and getting to know our community through fabulous afternoon activities. We can also provide home-stay accomodations which will further enhance your learning experience while giving you the opportunity to make friends with a local family. And, if you are interested volunteering, we can connect you with our favorite local organizations that do amazing things to improve our community.
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Awesome school and my wife and I both couldn't have been happier! With two very different levels of Spanish (I could barely speak any and my wife was conversationally fluent) the one on one teaching they provide was perfect for what we needed! Super friendly staff who were knowledgeable in how to teach at any level while making you feel comfortable and at home! Irma was my teacher whom I highly recommend! If you're doing any decent length of time in Latin America a week of Spanish School goes a long way! We only did the schooling part as we already had a hostel booked and preferred doing tours on our own. 4 hours a day (either morning or afternoon) and the rest of the day to explore/do homework. I strongly recommend the morning class as it gives you the rest of the day to do whatever!

All reviews
"castillo"
"nicaragua"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed 27 August 2017

My two young daughters, ages 11 and 6, took half day lessons for two weeks with Paola. The instructor and Spanish school exceeded my expectations. It is not easy to keep two young children engaged but Paola was exceptional. She was kind, patient and understanding. She tried to make the classes interesting, using many visuals, physical activities, songs and stories. We are very thankful to Paola and the other great staff for being warm and welcoming. The school is located in a safe part of town, which most of Granada can be considered safe, and the facilities are clean. I highly recommend Casa Nica to anyone.

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

I took classes for a week and did the home-stay. Everybody is really nice, both at the school and my home-stay family. BUT nobody could speak any English at all. Since I didn't know any Spanish beforehand it was really frustrating. I couldn't ask any questions and the focus was mainly on grammar. My teacher didn't really understand that I needed really basic stuff. Not even the owner could speak English. It might be great if you already know some Spanish, but it didn't really work for me.

3  Thank Klingis
Reviewed 31 March 2017

Really recommend casa nica to anyone wanting to improve their Spanish. We did a week of lessons, two of us sharing one teacher, and really learnt a lot. Our teacher - Bosco - was so friendly, patient and helpful. We also did a homestay, organised through the school, with a lovely family just a few doors down from casa nica, very close to the centre of Granada.

1  Thank Tara C
See more reviews
Reviewed 13 February 2017

I participated in this school and homestay for one week. It was one of the best experiences in Nicaragua. I stayed with Vanessa and her family and they accommodated my vegetarian diet. I did 4 hours of private lessons and 4 hours of an activity per day. The staff was very professional and knowledgeable with Spanish lessons and Nicaraguan culture and history. It was my first week traveling alone and it provided me with the structure and confidence I needed to travel Nicaragua for a month. I highly recommend this homestay and Spanish school.

2  Thank Erin W