“A real taste of the Mediterranean.”
Review of El Pizzaiol

El Pizzaiol
Ranked #14 of 172 Restaurants in Granada
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Mediterranean Italian Restaurant Pasta and wood fired oven pizzas Fresh salads and homemade bread and much more. Vegan friendly Sitting around our beautiful garden Relaxed atmosphere ,FREE WiFi Come and enjoy with us
Reviewed 10 February 2015

I partially regret not getting the pizza either time I visited, but I couldn't pass up on getting some fantastic Mediterranean dishes.

The restaurant has a delightful ambiance inside with its pond and garden in the courtyard. The wood burning pizza oven gives off a wonderful smell, and makes amazing pitas.

3  Thank Jonathan H
davidt1978, Owner at El Pizzaiol, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2015

Thank you Jonathan for taking the time to write a review for us
We are glad you enjoyed our restaurant

We prepare Mediterranean food just like in our home
Everything is prepared fresh daily
It's nice to know that there are customers who appreciate it

Thank you for sharing your experience with others

Reviewed 29 January 2015

Wonderful food , Wonderful atmosphere!
For Granada and Nicaragua this is one of the best options for dining .
I came back several days in a row with my husband and kids. Lovely food . Yummy thin crust pizza from a wood-oven and really good pasta dishes .
Love on a plate. David the owner and the staff are outstanding.

Defiantly come again in my next visit .Highly recommended.

2  Thank Ora T
davidt1978, Owner at El Pizzaiol, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2015

Dear ora

I am pleased you enjoyed the food and from our restaurant.
And I thank you for sharing your experience with others

We prepare simple food from good products
There are no secrets

We would be happy to see you again soon

תודה רבה

Reviewed 24 January 2015

After getting sick somewhere else, we decided to stick to what we knew and this restaurant was a great choice! We had the veggie pizza several times and it was always great. We did take-out a few times and sat at the restaurant for dinner one night. It was always busy but the food arrived within an appropriate amount of time. Fresh, fire grilled pizza mmmmmmm! The service was a bit slow when we dined in but it was busy with only a few servers...to be expected I guess. Would definitely recommend this place.

4  Thank krackley
davidt1978, Owner at El Pizzaiol, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2015

Dear krackley
Many thanks for writing a review for our restaurant

We at El pizzaiol maintain a high safety and quality of food
And we try at all costs to be a stable and quality food place

Indeed, many of our customers are repeat customers and we are delighted that this is the case.
We are glad you enjoyed the food here again and again

I get employees to work here without experience to work in the kitchen and as waiters
During my years in the food industry, I learned that sometimes it is simple to teach a new employee than to correct bad habits.

We are always in the process of training of employees.

On your next visit, I invite you to enjoy two glasses of wine at no charge
And I hope you will find us even better.

Reviewed 24 January 2015 via mobile

Good wine, great great pizza, and big Greek salad.
Husband was going crazy for his pizza, one of best he can remember in long time.
Salad came with bread and was big enough to fill me up.
Nice owner.

Only reservation is beer was more expensive that at other similar restaurants on the main strip.

But still a worthy place and excellent date night choice.

3  Thank Jody R
davidt1978, Owner at El Pizzaiol, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2015

Dear judy

Thank you for writing a review about our restaurant
I'm glad you and your husband enjoyed the food

Make good food in Nicaragua is a daily challenge
We grow vegetables and buy quality products and try to give our guests a good and different experience like at home

And I'm glad you enjoyed it
The beer did happen a few cents and since we are not a bar on Main Street
We appeal to a different audience as you see.
And indeed candlelight dinner is not exactly whats happening on Main Street ..

Reviewed 22 January 2015

What a yummy pizza I had at this place. Like most places in Granada, it is housed in a lovely colonial style building with a lovely garden. The service is excellent and the food was terrific. The prices are reasonable which means cheap. Must go!!

3  Thank wabitop
davidt1978, Owner at El Pizzaiol, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2015

Thank WABITOP for sharing your impressions of our restaurant
We are glad you enjoyed it

We prepare wood oven thin pizza from the best quality products
And it's great that we have customers who can appreciate it

We would be happy to see you again here