Hotel Real La Merced(Granada)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$45
  • Pool
US$92
US$49
Casa Silas B & B(Granada)(Great Value!)
US$40
US$70
US$100
Hotels.com
US$78
US$76
Isleta El Espino Ecolodge(Isletas de Granada)(Great Value!)
US$440
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsold churchgreat poolquiet endlarge poolhorse drawn carriagelake nicaraguabeautiful hotelstayed one nightthe main streetcentral squarela calzadapolloplaza
Reviewed 26 January 2017

Beautiful hotel, the rooms can be much better, excellent location walking distance from the restaurants and bars.
They have a perfect pool, and a very nive breakfast, its the best hotel in this town for us.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
GerenciaHG, Gerente at Hotel Granada, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2017

Good morning Mrs Claudia S, thanks for your comment are very important to us, we are glad to know that your stay was pleasant.We hope to see you soon !!

Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

My husband I have had the wonderful chance to visit Granada, Nicaragua and while there we stayed at Hotel Granada! If you are ever headed this way please take the time to come and at least visit this historical convent. The grounds are manicured, the staff gracious and friendly. Each piece of furniture is hand made on site. From the chairs to the dining room tables, beds, dressers to the hand carved wine rack in the spacious hallways. The breakfast was delicious and filling and the staff are attentive and willing to answer any and questions related to the history of Hotel Granada I recommend this hotel highly and without reservation! You will not be disappointed.....I promise.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
GerenciaHG, Gerente at Hotel Granada, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2017

Good afternoon Mr. Cindy thank you very much for your comments, we are pleased to know that your stay was pleasant, we strive to provide excellent attention to our guests and of course we are at your service in any suggestions or questions you may have, we were waiting for you and It will be a pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

We stayed a few days ago at the Hotel Granada and are very glad we did. We initially chose this hotel due to price, reviews and location. All were validated by our experience. Price was very reasonable, middle tier in Granada. The location worked well as its halfway between the Central Plaza and the lake, either just a short walk. The building is Spanish colonial style, heavy blocks of stone and lots of hardwood, pretty and functional. The whole facility was very clean. The room we had was simple but fine for use, clean,air conditioning and the ceiling fan had the ability to lower the temp even more than I usually like, which is chilly so that was a plus. A TV, safe, larger sink and counter area, shower, etc all good. The physical building is cool, large lots of room for several events at one time. Completely enclosed gardens, pool and even what appeared to be a grassy area with bleachers (lawn tennis??, no net) all enclosed and safe. Security defiantly had a welcome presence as all tourist spots do in Granada, but not overbearing.

Any place that routinely

The lobby was comfortable we hung out there for a couple of hours waiting to transport back to Managua a couple of days after our stay had ended, we asked the staff of f they minded watching our bags while we went off and explored a bit more and hey we're happy to do so and let us wait there.

The staff were very nice attentive and managed my gringo limited Spanish very well. My wife is Puertoricania and so is a native Spanish speaker which is always helpful in Latin America, but all the times I interacted with the staff there were no language issues at all. They were unfailing nice, professional, attentive and helpful.

The pool is beautiful, very large and surrounded with tables, chairs, a bar or two and was a gathering spot.

The included breakfast was good, varied a but everyday(except the mandatory Gallo Pinto, the national dish which was always included). Milk, cereal, eggs, sausage (Spanish), cheese and other dishes, breads. Worked fine for us.

We didn't try the restaurant only because we were out and about for the other meals but the menu looked good, it was clean and very presentable, the staff friendly (we talked to a couple of them).

So all in all I think they deserve this good review we always expect a good stay and having never been in town before decided upon then again due to price, location and a friends recommendation and we were more than satisfied, next time we hit the city (which will be this summer we had such a great time down there we are going back, there us so much to do and see) we certainly will stay there again.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much Mr. KelboMc for your comment, and for sharing your experience with us, we are very happy that your stay has been pleasant, we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

Beauty and location does not replace good service. The hotel is beautiful and well located but and the hotel does many things well, but certainly misses the boat on several other points regular travelers are used to. I stayed at the hotel for 10 days and had the chance of seeing the hotel in various states of occupancy. Only two medium sized towels are left in the bathroom, and twice in 10 days, the towels were not replaced after they were taken by room service. I also used the hotel laundry service once and a shirt went missing. It was eventually found, but still it did not inspire me to use the service again. There are many laundromats in the city which seem much more reliable. Shampoo and Conditioner is also left, gratis, for guests to use, but on two separate occasions, They were not replaced, and the hand soap also went missing for about 48 hours. The location of the hotel is wonderful. It is located a very short walk to Lake Nicaragua, and the heart of the city's night life, so that was a major plus.

The hotel scores a solid 70/100, and I assume that it will improve as more travelers visit the wonderful city and a more international clientele informs them of what is expected with the current price. I plan on visiting again, and might use this hotel again, but I will make sure to bring my own soap, shampoo/conditioner and maybe even a towel, and will not use the laundry service again.

It seems to be the norm in the city, but breakfast was offered every morning for free, which was a blessing. I very much appreciated that and hope that it becomes an offering in other hotels in other international cities. That was a nice surprise.

Just a quick tip, make sure to bring US cash when visiting Granada in small bills. I was able to bring 500 Córdoba bills from the US, but that seems to big a bill even for the hotel to change. I asked twice several days apart, and both times they said they did not have the change to offer. I would expect better of a hotel that charges about $100 a night.

My first few days, I had to rely on using my credit card because US $20 and C$ 500 were just too much for most people to handle. I will make sure to bring mostly $1s and $5s next time. And get C$ 50s and C$ 100s to use in most commercial establishments. Seriously. I wanted to support the local economy, but often, I just couldn't use the money I brought.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank David D

Good afternoon Mr. David D your comments are very important to us, we will take the necessary steps to provide better service.

Reviewed 27 December 2016

The Hotel is beautiful and the decor was given both thought and creativity. My first impression was reminiscent of the Oberoi Grand in Calcutta, one of my favorite hotels in the world. Then, the impression took an abrupt downhill turn. On arrival, a surly girl behind the desk checked us it without the least sign of courtesy or welcome. She pointed us in the direction of the room and handed us the key. No explanation regarding the hotel, the restaurant, the pool, any services... nothing. I asked if it was necessary to book a table at the restaurant - and she scoffed when she said no! The hotel is rated in the top ten- over $100/night with a 4.3/5 rating! The food is below average and expensive - buffet and breakfast was ordinary - like street food, no variety. The tablecloths were soiled. There were pending repairs (nails sticking out of the wall in the dining room) and a general feeling of lack of rigor. I forgot a jacket in the closet and went back in the evening to get it. After waiting for 20 minutes, the deskclerk finally told me to come back in the morning because she couldn't do anything for me. She was unable to tell me if my jacket had been found. Terrible service, rude and disorganized. Regarding the noise factor, we had people shouting and laughing loudly right outside our door a good part of the night and children running around screaming early in the morning.

Room Tip: I definitely prefer the Hotel Jardin de Granada - less expensive, but so much more pleasant and well organized.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ann L

Thank you for your honest opinion. All your comments are essential to improve our service, we will make sure that your complaints are transmitted to all. On the other hand, I’ll personally supervise compliance.