Lowest prices for your stay
US$81
US$81
Lol.travel
US$80
Hotels.comUS$81
TravelocityUS$81
ZenHotels.comUS$85
All reviews wall paper plenty of parking clean rooms pleasant stay definitely stay here again exit
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 September 2021

I have to put a very special thank you in to Denise and staff at the hotel, for a family toy rescue. My daughter had a very special sleep toy that she'd had for years, and upon arriving home we couldn't find it. So I called the hotel and asked if they would check for it, and they called back and confirmed it was found. I gave them the address and a credit card to mail it back, and a few days later it arrived in the mail. Not only that, but there was a cute note that Lambie had enjoyed her visit but was missing her family. There was joy and thanks from the whole crew. Thank you Denise!

I've reviewed the hotel itself on other platforms as a bit old and sparse, and that's true enough. But it's so nice to know that there are still thoughtful people who will go the extra step these days with a kind heart.

Date of stay: August 2021
Reviewed 2 September 2021

Only stayed one night passing through to Shenandoah N.P. Nice hotel located by Interstate 81 with plenty of parking for cars and a separate lot for tractor trailers, people towing trailers and large RV's. All the staff were pleasant, courteous and professional. Our room was clean, nothing moving in it but us. Minimal traffic noise from I-81, (on the poolside), if you're a light sleeper a room facing the parking lot would be quieter as the hotel sits off the main road. The bed and bedding was comfortable, a mini fridge and microwave, coffeemaker, iron and ironing board were nice conveniences. The lower floors facing the pool have a small patio with chairs. We'd definitely stay here again when in the area.

Room tip: Lower floor pool view rooms have small patios. Rooms facing the parking lot may be quieter.
Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank Dottie H
Reviewed 2 September 2021 via mobile

Not COVID safe, do not stay here. Husband and I stayed here in late August. Booked room by Choice app so did not call hotel first. Have stayed here for over 35 years several time a year while visiting the Shenandoah Valley, never had any problems. Place is outdated and needs to be fixed up but we can tolerate that. It is convenient. What we cannot and should not have to tolerate is the lack of basics. There was no soap or toiletries available to guests. We checked into our room and noticed no soap or toiletries, thinking this was an oversight by the cleaning staff. I called down to front desk and asked for them. Was told there was not any available and they have been on back order for two weeks!!! Unbelievable. This is definitely not safe and in fact, is a health problem if you cannot wash your hands with soap before eating, after bathroom functions etc. we had traveled all week and had no problems obtaining soap and toiletries at other hotels. I feel this lack of sanitation spreads COVID. Who know how much in other areas of cleanliness this hotel is lacking? No hand sanitizer provided either. Inexcusable. Since we checked in the same day, price for room was nonrefundable so we felt we had to stay. It was also too late to go to the store and buy some basic things.

At checkout voiced concern but manager was not there. Lady at front desk wrote down my concerns. Was given excuse things are on back order, warehouse problem, lack of staff, etc. This is not my problem. Then someone should go to the local Dollar Store and buy travel samples and give them out. I also felt as a Choice Gold member I should have received a deep discount on room since no basic toiletries were provided. Everyone in that hotel should have. Still waiting to hear from manager, I doubt I will. I guess they have no concern for their customers. Well, after 35 years of staying there, I would hesitate to stay again. There are other options. So am writing this review to alert others of the woefully lacking of basic amenities at this Quality Inn. So don’t stay there. Choose another cleaner and safer place, and I guarantee you’ll have soap. I also called Choice Headquarters to voice my concern and the Shenandoah County Health Department. I did get extra points from Choice Hotels for the inconvenience, I have no idea if the Health Department will pursue the matter. They said they would look into it. In these days of Covid we all have to be careful and wash our hands.

If the manager reads this, and you want to make it up to this Gold Choice Member who has been staying at your hotel for 35 years, make it right to me and I will return to your hotel in future and write an addendum to this review. Customer care and public health should come first!!!

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2020 via mobile

Enjoyed the friendly staff. Was a nice hotel in it's day but it's day has come and gone. Of course like most hotels they aren't offering any services, so stay at the cheapest clean hotel you can. Ice machine on the second floor was running but not giving ice. This one is ok, but certainly nothing special.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2020 via mobile

This hotel is the worst I've ever stayed in.
i went to take a shower and the water doesn’t work, I called the front desk and they say I'll write it down.... No, you need to do something about it...There are 4 people here who need to shower and brush their teeth in the morning... and i paid 100 for this damn room the water better work... The person at the desk says they will call the manager and see what they want to do..... 30 minutes later i called back down and they say they will move us to another room.
so we move next door... water works but it sounds like someone is grinding the floor when you turn the water on.. this hotel needs serious work and by the looks of it they only care about what the Lobby looks like... the lobby is nice but looks can be so deceiving.

Date of stay: July 2020