Le Mulberry(Arromanches-les-Bains)
US$92
US$90
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$103/night.

Hotel de Normandie(Arromanches-les-Bains)
US$80
Hotel D'arromanches(Arromanches-les-Bains)
US$88
Hotel L'ideal Le Mountbatten(Arromanches-les-Bains)
US$106
Arroplace(Arromanches-les-Bains)
Dday Aviators(Arromanches-les-Bains)
  • Breakfast included
La Pommetier(Arromanches-les-Bains)
La Maison Du 6(Arromanches-les-Bains)
  • Beachfront
All reviewssea viewmulberry harbourhotel restaurantsuperb locationnormandy beachescroissantsboth nightshalf boardwine listsea fronttop floortea and coffeebaguetteparkingfrancemuseumarromanches
Reviewed 31 July 2012

The building has been there since 1906 as this has always been a resort town. The D-day landing put this town pemenentrly on the world scene. The hotel has updated inside and has an elevator. There is WiFi advertised but I don't see how they can justify that add. It was so weak you had to sit on a chair next to the stairs to get on and it would promptly drop your connection as soon as you sent an email.

The location was awesome. The beach was just outside the hotel. The town parking lot was across the street (1€ per hour) and the Museun was next to that. The cinarama was a walk or drive up the hill.

This hotel put us within good reach of all the Landing beaches by car and there are van tours which will pick up at the hotel. Other cities of intrest are also close. Good home base for seeing the region.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 26 July 2012

First impressions not good as sat nav led us almost to the hotel - separated from us by two steep flights of steps so had to reverse about 200 yards, Eventually found the hotel to be told that there were only 3 parking spaces for about 100 guests but that we could leave the car in the public car park and that was free - provided we moved the car out of the car park before 9 a.m. - and park where? Hotels.com website states "parking is possible at the hotel" - believe me it's not.

We had to lug our bags 100 yards from the car park to the reception, no offer of help and were then shown to our room which was on the ground floor next to the reception in a grotty little side street which could only be reached by going out of the hotel and down the street and back into another door.

The room could only be described as a soulless de luxe cell, frosted glass window with no curtains, two 12 inch high stools served as bedside tables, three sheets of melamine made up the "dressing table", the draws looked very Ikea and the "wardrobe" had the magnificent number of six hangers in total.

No tea or coffee provided in the room even though we were paying 100 euros a night with no breakfast.

Breakfast sounded like an absolute rip off at 12 euros each for a continental breakfast and we found that all the cafes in Arromanches and other resorts served breakfast at less than half this price.

Didn't try the restaurant after seeing the prices on the menu and used the many restaurants within 100 yards.

The bathroom was in the style of a wet room and boy did it live up to its name, but not too keen on paddling to the toilet after one of us had showered! Not too sure what the hotel staff were like as we never met anyone!!

Room Tip: Insist on one in the hotel rather than the annexe
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We visited the Normandy region of France this July and opted to stay in Arromanches-les-Bains at this quaint hotel. We found out rather dramatically that they actually close the front desk at 11PM but they stayed open for our arrival somewhere between 11PM and 11:30PM. Our room was good sized, nothing fancy but clean. The bathroom was updated and also clean. We overlooked the beach and were smack dab in the middle of town. The breakfast, although cost extra was yummy and offered plenty of choices. We recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MBandJT
Reviewed 24 July 2012

This was not only a hotel, it was an experience. One of the highlights in our 7-day trip in Normandy.

I called to the hotel on the same day and asked for a free room. I was lucky: a friendly person told me that they have one twin room left and that it's a bit expensive (116 eur/night) but has a magnificent view to the beach.

My English skills wouldn't do justice to the view, so I attach a picture. :) You could have sat by the window from early morning to late night, watching the abandoned pontons and the tide come and go. The history crawled under my skin as I listened to the waves and tried to melt everything I had seen in the museums and cemeteries. There is probably no better way to complete the Normandy beaches experience.

I would love to return.

P.S. The restaurant downstairs is also very good.

Room Tip: Pick one with a view!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alannainen
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I stayed at La Marine for 2 nights while I was visiting arromanches. The rooms are small but everything works. I definitely recommend getting a room with a view on the sea - they are great. The location is fantastic, literally on the beach, although when the tide comes up there is no beach. I must say though, the Wi-Fi that the hotel say they have is almost nonexistent, especially in the rooms. The view on the Mulberry harbour is excellent, and the breakfast they provide is ask very good, with a variety of juices, coffee, hot chocolate, croissants, boiled eggs, etc. The service was very kind, telling us information about all the things we wanted to visit and provided us with some maps as well. Overall I loved my stay and hope to go back soon.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends