“Be very careful if ordering fish”

Caffe Internazionale Wine Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #71 of 118 Restaurants in Forio
Cuisines: Bar
Description: Opened in the 1940's by Maria Senese, the bar has been a meeting place for illustrious artists from Eduard Bargheer to Truman Capote. When its ownership changed hands in 1989,the bar was refurbished and modernised but kept its original character with many of the features still in place, like old magazine covers, pictures and movie posters. A great place to taste delicious home made ice creams and snacks.
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

I want to be fair so to start with waiter spoke English and was nice and starters great apart from one wrong order - how he got Parma ham and melon confused with parmigiana anyone knows. Should have been looking out for second stuff up. And so it came. My daughter asked about the blue fish dish €10. He brought out a fish that looked like turbot so my mother and I chose that. We aren't being stupid tourists we had turbot and chips in Venice in April in Venice for €10s each. When the bill came we were charged €75. When I questioned the bill the waiter suddenly couldn't speak English!!!! I tried to remonstrate but every time I did his lack of English got even worse. He even denied serving me!! I would definitely say not go here even though my husband loved his steak but I hate charlatans and this man is definitely one. You have been warned!

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

Food pretty good. Service - absolutely terrible. Started ok - they quickly sorted a table for 4 when restaurant was 1/2 full.
After that it all fell apart. 15 minutes to take coffee order. And they tried to remove menus. We said ‘we want to order food’. And they left us for a further 15 minutes. Coffees came out.... we said again ‘we want to order food’. And the girl said ‘one moment’ which apparently meant 5 minutes!
15 more unites for food..... would have eaten the tablecloth at that point.
Ordered 1 merlot and one dry white wine. Got two fruity whites. Gave up at this point.
They kept removing plates before we were finished.
Sad, because one of the locals with us, had told us this place was ok. Embarrassing for him. And chefs work hard - but rely on good front of house....
No seconds coffees or desserts even offered.
I don’t reckon they could stuff up coffees too badly. So maybe go here for coffee. Avoid anything else.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

We decide to give this place a try as it had been rated by others at our hotel. Overall the service was good and attentive particularly when the "big boss" was present. It appeared we arrived just in time for the start of a European qualifier which was being shown on a TV in the corner. Fortunately the volume was off and coming from a screen a few doors up. The food was nice but unremarkable.

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

In a beautiful little spot within Forio’s main square this place offers something for everyone and all reasonably priced. We had the gnocchi and spaghetti carbonara, both were absolutely delicious.

Only criticism would be that the service was pretty slow but other than that I’d definitely revisit again

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

A favourite of ours for a stop off for drinks. Some lovely nibbles appear too. Very friendly and well worth a visit.