All reviews train station one night minute drive beautiful hotel eaten alive closed for the season swimming pool nightclub pros bedroom car toiletries tuscany kitchen baths cons countryside
Reviewed 9 April 2018

Great location, nice, spacious and clean apartments and absolute relaxing pool. The breakfast was delicious and we would like to return. The only minus was the restaurant. During our stay had heatwave, so Vallombrosa Abbey with a stop at villa Pitiana for a coffee was an excellent day trip.

Date of stay: June 2017
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Mario Esposito and his staff put on an outstanding brunch. The food was so fantastic it left one wondering and worrying that one might miss some great dish because there was just too much to choose from.

Although the brunch is expensive, it is well worth the price. One will not find a finer brunch anywhere in Florence or possibly in all of Italy.

We shall definitely return!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2018

We stayed here for 3 nights on out tour of Italy. Its a 30 min train ride outside Florence. The Train ride isn't bad, The train platform in Florence for this train is I swear is a mile walk to the actual station. We lost alot of time waiting for the train. The hotel is lovely. Its a maze to find your room. We had a room over the night club and thankfully it was closed for the season. I think I would of rather stayed in Florence. The biggest high end outlet mall is 5 mins away. Its huge we could see it from our hotel. the room were clean but bring extra toiletries as there is not enough and they dont come clean the room everyday. It has a kitchen which was nice as we had snack we could eat and drink in out room. The suite was huge with a living room and kitchen area and 2 full baths and 2 bedrooms. We didn't eat dinner at the restaurant on site but did have dessert there and it was amazing. This is a wonderful place if you are not spending any time in Florence but driving around the countryside. The Only real complaint I have is the MOSQUITOES. Ok it was cold and like 50 degrees while we where there and we did have the windows open sometimes but this place is infested with them. Their are dead bodies all over the walls. You don't notice them at first. and I did read another review about bringing bug spray and I did. I made the mistake of not putting on bug spray the first night and what a huge mistake. We were eaten alive. And Oh the Itching. Thankfully I did pack OFF bug wipes and itch cream. And we didn't get anymore bites. I did spend a bit of time killing the little bastards and we itched for a couple days. SO BRING SPRAY even if you think its too could for them.

Room tip: Bring Bug spray and itch cream even if its cold outside.
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank stojonic
Reviewed 29 November 2017

We shared a 2 bedroom apt with my brother and sister-in-law. Very nice, spacious, and up to date accommodations with kitchen facilities. It's a bit out of the way, and even though we had a car, we opted for the train to Florence. Skip the restaurant, it is overpriced and rather skimpy with their meals.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ogg12
Reviewed 13 October 2017

We were in Il Palagio in August of this year
the entire week we were there air conditioning did not work and the temperature outside was 40 C.It seemed like none cared about it. Staff replayed that they know about it and trying to fix it.We couldn't open the windows because the moskitos were merciless .
one week of sleepless nights and subsequently difficult days on vacation!!!!!
Besides the rooms are pretty old and run down.
Never again