See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 July 2010

My sister and I have just returned from the Acapulco Beach, two days ago actually. Our first time in Lido di Jesolo!

The hotel is VERY basic indeed and the rooms are absolutely tiny and quite dated. The main light kept tripping whenever we switched the air conditioning on, and the hot water seemed to go off after about 8pm which was strange.
We didn't find the staff particularly friendly and quite abrupt at times, even when we tried to make friendly conversation with them...we often felt like we were in the way. The bed was made every day which is great but the floor was never mopped etc. We also found it terribly noisy! The walls are like paper and every conversation, every closing of door, every flush of toilet, every footstep taken, every use of hairdryer etc could be heard from the neighbouring rooms and were were often unable to get to sleep until late, and woken up between 5am and 8am by guests in the surrounding rooms. If you're a light sleeper I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

It did have it's plus points. The location of the hotel was fantastic, the balconies were HUGE, and there was NEVER a fight for sun loungers on the private section of beach. Also the beds were really comfortable even if the hotel wasn't.

If you are literally just looking for a place to crash, then this place is fine. But if you want comfort or customer service I definately would not be recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010
2  Thank NorthWesternUK
Reviewed 6 July 2009

We have just returned form our stay at Acapulco beach hotel. the rooms were clean and good sized but quite basic with no kettle, safe or fridge. We didn't bother paying extra for the air conditioning as keeping the balcony door open kept the room cool. We were only a 2min walk from the beach which was great and right on the main street for bars and restraunts. there are sun loungers on the beach allocated for the hotel and there was always some available. The service varied a lot, some reception staff were quite unhelpful. The breakfast is buffet style with bread and cheese/ham, one type of cereal or fruit in juice. It got a bit repetitive after a while as it was the same every day.

It is a good location for accesing Venice, we bought a return ferry and bus ticket for 12e from a tabacconist. You catch the no. 5 bus from piaza nember to punta sabbioni and then the ferry to venezia. It took about 1.5 hours but was very easy. however, make sur you remember where your particular ferry drops you off very cafefully as there are loads of boats and its hard to find yours again after a day of sighseeing!

Overall I think Acapulco Beach is an ok but very basic hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Deedlit1
Reviewed 19 May 2009

We have just returned from two weeks at the Acapulco Beach Hotel, and thought it would be good to update the reviews here. We had a warm welcome on arrival, the hotel was newly refurbished and we found our rooms clean and newly decorated, the rooms were adequate if a little “snug”. The bathroom was more than adequate. The balcony was large, and we had a sea view.
We were half board; the breakfasts were “Continental”. The evening meals were plentiful and tasty, typically Italian, (only had chips offered twice in two weeks!)
The choice of meals in the restaurant consisted of four starters, pasta, soup, risotto, etc, and four main meals, with meat and fish and always a pizza choice, in fact something for everyone, then a salad course followed by a choice of dessert, there were four in our party and no one had a poor meal in the 14 days we stayed there,
The staff were friendly and courteous. The present owners only took over the running of the hotel last October and they went out of their way to make us most welcome.
The amenities included free use of Bikes and also sun beds on the beach.
The resort was very handy for travel into Venice, use the local “Tabacci” to buy your tickets about 18 euro to go to Venice on the bus and ferry, or 22.5 euro for a day pass for a bus and then use of all ferries, all day, you can then visit Merano, Birano etc, and also go on a Vaperatta up the Grand Canal all in the one price.
All in all we had a great vacation and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2008

My wife and myself always read the reviews before we book and again it proved a great help.
We were very pleased overall and thought it was good value as it was a late deal.The Hotel is situated close to the beach and has its own allocated sunloungers,deckchairs and parasols which are free of charge.The beach is very clean and has excellent facilities such as toilets and showers.Beware of beach hawkers and chinese ladies selling massages all day and every day which is irritating but if u have no eye contact they just move on.
The Hotel rooms are quite small and basic but clean and tidy.
The communal areas are modern and comfortable,and if you like people watching,right next to the pavement.
The food is good with a choice but portions are a little small.The staff are helpful and friendly.
We would go back again.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Juddy49
Reviewed 2 December 2007

It was not the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, but was also not the best, for the price.
After getting off the plane, the transfer should have only taken around 45 mins to an hour, and it took nearly four hours...not really their fault, as they said there was some sort of festival on, but anyway!
Getting to the hotel, it was nice enough, but not the sort of quality I would have expected for the amount of money I paid. The rooms looked clean, but upon inspecting the bathroom floor futher, there were hairs on the floor, not belonging to me, or my room mate! Nice! The beds were also made every day, but not changed in the week we were there. although fresh towels were supplied daily. You have to pay extra for air con, which wasnt that great anyway! I think it worked out about erm...£3.50 a day? Or was it 3 euros 50 a day? I cant honestly remember!
There is a resturant downstairs, which supplies breakfast, which is continental, and you can also buy lunch/dinner from there too, although it is a little pricey to be honest compared with other places in the area.
The beach is very close, which is nice, but the designated area for the hotel is quite small, and it took us some time to find it, but if you get there early, it is great! There is a swimming pool, but that is shared with another hotel, and is about a five min walk from the hotel.
The area is nice enough, and there is an aqua park nearby which is a MUST! It is so much fun for everyone, and has lots of slides and things to do! Venice is also only a short boat journey, although if you are going to do anything like that, don't book it through the company, get a bus and a boat yourself, as it is a lot cheaper! Also I went with Airtours, and they ran a day trip over to Croatia, which I would deff recommend, although make sure you take your sea sickness tablet before you go!!!!!
The area does have a few bars around, but they are not in abundance, although at night the area is very lively.
All in all, it was a nice stay if you are looking for a relaxing beach holiday, but if you are like me and get very bored easily, I would personally recommend somewhere else!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with friends