US$437
Four Seasons Vilamoura(Vilamoura)
US$240
US$135
1,092 results
All reviewssea viewbus stationstayed all inclusiveall inclusive packagecheap breakcleaned every daylovely beachclean hotelhalf boardbars and restaurantsvilamoura marinasun loungersbalconiespromfaronightlife
Reviewed 12 August 2017

Basic Hotel but clean room, bedding and towels. Nice sea view from room 708. Two lifts are very small and one was out of order last day or so but it wasn't a problem. There is NO hairdryer in the room but I always take a small travel one with me also no kettle or fridge. The bar will give you small bottles of water. Food was not fantastic but you could always make a meal out of what was available, Soup, Salad, Pasta, always some kind of fish and meat. The pool area is quiet no loud music, sun loungers available although not always in the shade. Nice walk to Vilamoura along the prom, bit more nightlife available if that's what you want. Bus station a short walk away for the bus to Albufeira but beware last bus back is 7.30 pm. There is a Market on a Wednesday selling Handbags, Clothing, Crafts etc. You need to head towards the Lidl supermarket. Really enjoyed our stay is was a nice rest which is what we went for.

Room Tip: Room 708 nice side view of sea. Decent size balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lynnep596
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here between 14th and 17th July and on return home I was sent an email to post on Trip Advisor if I enjoyed my stay and and to speak to the hotel directly regarding ‘a less than perfect stay’.
Unfortunately my stay was very much ‘less than perfect!!’ I feel that both myself and my husband were treated very disrespectfully during our stay.
On arrival at 11.50pm on Friday 14th July, we were advised by receptionist that we were last to book in. The guy gave us a strong indication that we would probably not like the room he had for us but they were full and told us to come back in the morning and he would give us a ‘good room with sea view’. We were horrified at the room we were given, Room No. 304, there are no photographs on Atistmar Hotel Web Page or on any booking agents such as; Booking.com, Expedia, Love Holidays etc that show this room! Anyone booking on their website would never expect this horrible room - it is not shown and worries me with regards to not fully advertising all their room as web photos are what sell!
On our return to Reception to advise the room was horrible,we were again told it was the only one available and he repeated what he had said earlier. He came with us to the room to show us how to work the air-con. On the way up on the lift he asked what time our flights were on our last day. He told us we could use the room till we went on our last day and keep our AI bands! (Another query? I paid for 3 night’s accommodation AI, costing 421 Euros. As we arrived very late on our 1st night, he basically told us we really shouldn’t have the AI bands beyond 12 noon on our departure day.) I have been in this position many times regarding later flights and hotels always offer AI to the time of departure if the first day was a late arrival i.e. missing first days lunch/dinner – a service not used – this seems to me to be fairer and more reasonable.
We were given a different room the next day. It was roomier and the set up/decor matched the rooms advertised on Hotel Website! We had a lovely sea view but you had to go onto the balcony itself to see it. (please see photograph of window) As you can see there is something on the windows that hinders your view! Unfortunately we were very tired due to lack of sleep the night before in room 304 as even with air-conditioning on, the temperature didn’t drop below 29 degrees! We fell asleep from 2pm to 5.30pm missing a day of good sunshine and exploring- precious on a short 3 day break!!
At this point we felt the offer of the room on the last day was appropriate compensation for a very uncomfortable stay in a room with air conditioning which didn’t work well , which was very small, badly decorated, uncomfortable and claustrophobic!
We continued with our stay and prepared ourselves to enjoy our last day of sunbathing/shopping! As we passed reception I thought it best to double check everything was ok with our extended room time. The same receptionist who told us that we could stay now said, ‘no I didn’t say that, I said you could keep your bands but not the room, I would never say that’. What is most shocking about his statement is that he was basically implying that both my husband and myself were liars!! He did tell us that we could stay in in our room, whether it was out of pity or embarrassment for the shocking room on the first night and he genuinely felt for us – I am not sure but both of us were there! I do not lie, I never have done and was so angry I had to walk away as I was trying to stay calm!I could see there was to be no resolution for us.
We left the hotel to enjoy our last day?? We didn’t return for any lunch and when we did we asked again at reception where to go to have a shower (different receptionist) to be told we had to shower poolside. I thought when he said poolside there was an area downstairs we could use to shower and dress, but no – we were to actually shower at the pool in front of other holiday makers sunbathing and swimming. (He did tell us to keep our costumes on??) He went on to explain we could dry ourselves and dress in the toilets? Unbelievable! I am a 56 years old woman, when I sunbathe I keep my dress on till I get to my lounger and put it back on when I move around and I am being told that after a day of sunbathing on the beach with my hair and body covered in sand and sun-cream that I have to strip off and wash myself in front of a pool full of hotel guests – disgusting!!
All hotels I have ever been to before offered a room or an area to wash and dress for travelling, never before have I been asked to publicaly wash myself and dress in a public toilet.

There are other things I want to point out too; the cleanliness of the bedroom, dirt ingrained into the wood behind bedside cabinets, stains on chairs, curtains not connected properly and balcony window glass blurred due to the repairs needed on the glazing.
Restaurant staff looked put out having to work. They pointedly speak about holiday makers and make eyes at each other indicating who they are talking about. My husband also witnessed one of the staff give a family who dared to sit outside for breakfast a get in here sign. He appeared to say nothing but point. He then proceeded to rant to his colleagues and bang trays because they dared to sit
out-with the breakfast sitting area!
Don't expect much from AI either there's normally one meat, white meat and fish dish, desert was a choice of one fruit or small cake! At meals you get your own drink from the bar yourself and AI finished at 10pm - not worth it

This break was so much needed and we came home absolutely deflated by the way we were treated!

I did send a similar post to the hotel to give them a chance to reply directly but heard nothing from them or their head office!
Please don't stay here!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michele D
Reviewed 6 August 2017

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Great location for beach, cafes, shops and restaurants. All on the hotel's doorstep. Very clean. Staff very efficient. Pleasant pool area with enough sunloungers. Breakfast was good but could have had a bit more variety such as different types of fresh fruit. All in all we enjoyed our stay and will return.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kmo1961
Reviewed 2 August 2017

Me and my best friend spend amazin 3 night in the hotel. The staff very friendly and helpful. The room was quite big and clean with 2 balcony. Definetly recommend to my friends. Good price and worth the money. Thank you.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends