“Small menu but great cooking”

Restaurante Sol da Madalena
Ranked #10 of 25 Restaurants in Ponta Do Sol
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

With min expectations, hungry, we arrived late eve,,, everything served was great
Recommend the octopus dish with potatos,, and shrimps, were very hood
Great value

Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

It is a snack but I must admit they serve good food even if simple.
I would advice to order the fish of the day which is a fresh fish compared to the other that are not...
The guy was really friendly and gave good advices, you can believe him.
Childs can run around while you appreciate a simple but good dish with fresh draft beer.

Reviewed 29 July 2016

We ended up here just by curiosity and were very satisfied. The owner did not speak English but this was not a problem as the menu is in English as well (and we speak portuguese). We ordered a salad and it was very fresh and abundant

Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

The restaurant is near a little beach and at the end of a promenade. It is not very busy, but just enough people there. The food was just fine. We had the fresh fish of the day with a portion of fries, potato's and a salad.
Don't expect something fancy, but it is great after a swim or after a day's walk.

Reviewed 6 September 2015 via mobile

We went with the three of us. We started with green sngria, very refreshing at the end of a warm day. My main course was a whole octopus in an oily gravy with a hint of tomatoes. After I finished my plate, I just sat there smiling and thinking about the food. Life is good ;-)