Free cancellation until 29/07
  • Pool
US$163
US$124
SpringHill Suites
All reviewswithin walking distancefront deskfull kitchenparking garagechrysler museumgranby streetper daytwo blocksupon checknorfolk downtownking suitesitting areafree breakfastbusiness travelerbeds were very comfortablethe entire staffindoor pool
Reviewed 15 January 2018

If you get a rate commensurate with what a mid-range hotel goes for in Norfolk, you'll be fine here. The rooms are fairly large and the typical self-serve breakfast is adequate. Restaurants and bars are within walking distance, parking is a little pricey.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Eric C, General Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Thank you for the kind words!

Reviewed 10 January 2018

Stayed in residence inn downtown norfolk on 1/3/18 the night of snow storm in order to be close to work. unfortunately it was not a good experience. we loss power, cable TV and heat for a bit, rendering the room very cold. had to change rooms in middle of the night, due to loud whistling from wind. not just weather related, suspect it coming from an unsecured window as I didn't experience it in second room. I was told the generator was working, but yet hotel was not able to breakfast snacks for stranded guest. To top it off, I was not able to take a shower due to rusty water running from pipes. I had to spend the next two nights at The Main.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Eric C, General Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

I am so sorry you had to stay at the Main during the snow storm and not with us.
As you can imagine the snow storm providing an emergency situation can be difficult for guests and associates. During this emergency we tried our hardest to ensure our guests were comfortable. I apologize but the snow and the power outage were out of our control. We did not have power to our kitchen hood, food warmers and fire suppression system, so a hot breakfast would have been, not only dangerous from a cooking stand point but a food safety standpoint because we wouldn't have been able to keep it hot for you. I personally mad the decision to ensure the safety of our guests. I am deeply sorry that this affected you in this way.

During your stay there was an interruption in water service as well which caused the city water to push sediment through our water lines. This happens any time there is a dip in pressure in a large building like this. It was perfectly safe and in no way harmful. I wish we had known you were effected so we could have run the water for you to help clear the line.

Ms. Lawson, our goal is to ensure the safety and satisfaction of our guests and that was our number 1 goal during this tough time. I am deeply sorry that this caused you some inconvenience and hope you will give us another shot in the future.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Downtown Norfolk.

Reviewed 25 December 2017

This property is currently under renovation, and we were actually the first "residents" in our room since the renovation. There was little evidence of the ongoing works, and there was no disturbing sounds during the day or evening hours.
The staff were outstanding, and were quick to (more than) remedy the only issue that was evident in the outfitting of the room.
Animal friendly, which was perfect for us, although an extra $100 for a single cat for a single night, seemed a bit excessive, but the room upgrade we were provided made up for it.
Thank you all.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Theresa T, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

Thank You for taking time out of your busy day to comment on your stay. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay in one of our newly renovated rooms. We look forward to you staying with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 October 2017

Stayed here for work for about 5 months. Staff was very friendly especially Steve, Dorothy and Megan. The rooms are nice, clean. They are in process of remodeling (as of October 2017.) Indoor pool was great to have access to. The rooms are pretty quiet but one side faces a parking garage and the other a main street (Brambleton.) When it gets cooler and you'd like to leave the window open both sides can get pretty noisy. But when closed you barely hear the traffic. The location is awesome. Walking distance to the mall, attractions, museums, baseball stadium, shops and restaurants (Granby Street is the main drag for all that.) Also concert venue The NorVa two blocks away. Parking is in the garage I mentioned and I believe it runs about $18/night. It's kind of the only option around. That's the one part about staying down there that kinda stinks. I expect it in a large city (like DC) but in a small city/downtown area like here I wouldn't expect to have to pay for parking. Rooms are equipped with full size refrigerator, microwave, 2 burner stovetop. Plenty of cabinets for groceries. All-in-all excellent stay.

Room Tip: if facing parking garage be aware they empty the dumpsters in AM on that side. can get noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Theresa T, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

thanks for taking the time to comment on your stay. We appreciate you staying with us and enjoying all Downtown Norfolk has to offer.

We will soon be finish with our renovation in 2018, please feel free to make your net reservation with us, so that you can see our fabulous new rooms and lobby. Im sure you will enjoy it even more.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

We've been gold members for years and we were actually so disappointed in our 4 night stay. The first room we were assigned the TV didn't work. They sent someone up, he said he couldn't fix it, that he would have to contact provider. We waited and didn't hear back. My husband called and they said they were waiting to hear from provider but trying to find us a different room. Still nothing. He went downstairs, complained yet again, he was still trying to find us a room ( we've only seen 5 people at breakfast, nobody in the halls or elevators ) A woman did come up to give us keys, very rude, seriously we were so confused as to what was happening.
They gave us a 2 bedroom which was good, but since there's nobody here it didn't really mean much. For over 3 days we had limited channels, 15 were out, no paid channels. There pat answer has always been " we're upgrading "...Last night we asked for the manager, Eric, and they gave us his voicemail. Left a message and he never got back to us.
There's dust in the vents ( I'm guessing from the construction below us ), the microwave was filthy. I could go on and on.
Basically unless you have no other choice, go stay at another hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Eric C, General Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

I am deeply sorry for the stay you have expirienced. I have left you a voicemail to give me a call to discuss the situation. I am so sorry that your stay was so poor as this is not like our hotel or staff. We are finishing up rooms for our newly renovated hotel and hope you will give us a try next time you are in Norfolk as we intend to make it right for you.